Every year, NIGP hosts events and conferences that help procurement professionals network with peers and with suppliers. NIGP chapters frequently host events to attract local procurement professionals and to help their members achieve their professional development goals.
Reverse Trade Shows
Reverse trade shows provide suppliers, consultants, and contractors with the opportunity to meet with procurement professionals from numerous governmental agencies at one time. It's called a reverse trade show because the suppliers do not have booths. Instead, the governmental agencies host booths and suppliers roam the trade show floor to meet with individuals from each entity.
NIGP chapters have had immense success with reverse trade shows. In addition to connecting suppliers with procurement professionals, these shows generate money for chapters that can be used to fund scholarship programs and subsidize educational seminars for chapter members.
Reverse Trade Show Resources
Listed below are examples of how various chapters have hosted reverse trade shows. Use these resources to help plan your chapter's next reverse trade show.
- Central Florida Chapter of NIGP
- Columbia Chapter of NIGP Agency Flyer & Vendor Flyer
- Metropolitan of Washington Area Chapter
- RMGPA - Timeline
- MAGPPA - Brochure Guide Page 1
- MAGPPA - Brochure Guide Page 2
- Co-OPP - Project Planning Guide
- Tampa Bay - RTS Check List
- Tampa Bay - RTS Recap
- PAPPA – RTS Review
- PPANO Reverse Trade Show Manual
- Utah Chapter Reverse Trade Show Planning Guide
Other relevant event documentation
Hosting a Golf Tournament
2020 Outstanding Chapter Award Submissions