Lifelong learning should be supported by intentional relationships established to guide your professional development and career growth. The NIGP Mentoring Facebook page is designed to help you by connecting junior members with more experienced practitioners who can offer mentoring advice to help you progress in your career. Mentors can be a neutral sounding board, they can help you handle difficult or unusual situations you may face in your role or in your career, and they can provide feedback regarding growth opportunities to support your long-term career development.
The NIGP Mentorship Program is designed to support the needs of NIGP Members and other public sector public procurement professionals by:
- Creating strong professional networks built on trust and respect to facilitate life-long learning
- Promoting diversity of thought and critical thinking skills
- Providing supplemental learning channels to enhance brainstorming
- Providing access to more experienced professionals who can offer encouragement and career guidance
- Promoting an environment where the participant feels empowered and confident