This course provides a framework for understanding the conditions of properly expending federal grant funds. Federal grants have specific requirements and expectations. As such, procurement professionals must be capable of understanding and meeting the unique requirements of the grantor and reconciling local rules with federal rules. Failure to follow the requirements may result in questions from audit findings and even having to repay the grant. NIGP’s Using Federal Grant Funds course creates a dedicated learning experience where students leave with the ability to:
- Analyze federal grant conditions to ensure federal requirements can be met.
- Develop the solicitation to meet federal requirements and reconcile local requirements with federal requirements.
- Facilitate the evaluation, award, and supplier performance to ensure suppliers and the contract are following federal requirements.
This certificate is targeted to individuals who meet or exceed the following professional demographics:
- Mid-level public procurement and central warehouse professionals who serve as assistants, coordinators, buyers, or equivalent functions within their respective entities.
- Non-procurement managers and supervisors who are responsible for either the procurement function or staff who provide procurement functions under delegated authority.
- Professionals who are employed by governing entities and special authorities (such as K-12 and higher education, publicly owned utilities, transportation providers, and other publicly funded or created organizations) that either serve within or manage the procurement function.
- Supplier managers and supervisors seeking to understand the public procurement function from a more in-depth holistic level, including the policies, standards, and procedures by which public entities must function.