YOUR APPLICATION IS APPROVED...
1. Register for an Exam Module and Testing Window
- Go to https://certification.nigp.org
- Which Module are you registering for? You can register for both Module A and Module B or just one Module.
- Register and Pay for your exam modules and testing.
Within 24 hours after your registration and payment are processed, you will receive an authorization-to-test email for each registered exam module, with instructions on how to schedule your testing appointment at a Pearson VUE test center.
- Check your authorization-to-test email to ensure the first name and last name exactly match the first name and last name on your required identifications.
2. Appointment Scheduling
- Create your Pearson VUE account using the details in your authorization-to-test email to schedule your testing appointment. This email will provide you the date range in which you may take the exam and your exam module.
- You must schedule your own exam appointment and you are encouraged to schedule your exam appointment as soon as you receive your authorization-to-test email.
- Exam Appointments may be made up to one business day in advance.
- Pearson Vue is the authorized NIGP-CPP test provider and you can find your preferred testing site here Pearson VUE testing sites >
- Locations are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- After scheduling your exam appointment, Pearson VUE will send a confirmation email listing your exam date and time, the test center address, along with important policies for your review and information.
3. Take the tutorial BEFORE going to the testing center
All candidates must complete an online tutorial from Pearson VUE, our testing partner, BEFORE going to your scheduled testing appointment. The tutorial walks you through the mechanics and functionality of the exam and gives an overview of what to expect on the day of your exam.
The tutorial will NOT be available at your testing appointment. Therefore, it is required that you review this information PRIOR to arriving at the Pearson VUE testing center.
4. Read the What to Expect at Testing Center and Scoring sections of the Handbook
Read the Handbook >
5. What if you don't pass on your first attempt?
Candidates who do not achieve a passing score may apply to retest during a later testing period by remitting the $100 testing fee. You will have three (3) opportunities within your two-year application period to pass each module of the exam.
- All appointments must be cancelled at least 24 hours prior to the date of the exam.
- All appointments must be cancelled through your Pearson VUE account. The NIGP-CPP Team cannot assist you with appointment cancellations. Once cancelled, you will receive a cancellation confirmation email from Pearson VUE. Be sure that you receive a cancellation confirmation otherwise your appointment has not been correctly cancelled at least 24 hours notice.
- If you cancel your appointment at least 24 hours prior to the date of the exam, you may schedule another available appointment date and time within the same testing window at no additional charge.
- If you wish to transfer to a future testing window, be sure that your two-year application period will not expire prior to the future testing window.
- There is a transfer fee is $50 fee - per Module - to transfer to a new testing window.
- To transfer to a future testing window, you must first cancel your existing appointment through your Pearson VUE account. Go to Login Page >
- Request a transfer and upload your cancellation confirmation email.
- Once your transfer request is approved, you will receive a confirmation email verifying that the $50 transfer fee is required to register for a new testing window.
- If you do not cancel your appointment at least 24 hours prior to the date of the exam, you will forfeit your testing/retest fee and a new $100 testing fee will be required to register for a new testing date or testing window.
- Review the Certification Handbook to ensure that you are aware of all policies and processes and fees with regard to appointments. Read the Handbook >