The Agency Advancement Award is presented to a procurement agency that demonstrates advancement in achieving measurable results and has made a positive impact on its organization through procurement best practices and continuous improvement. This award recognizes an individual or team who has developed a stellar procurement-related program or process improvement that has significantly benefited their agency.
Every application must demonstrate that the program or process improvement meets the following criteria:
- Agencies must demonstrate how their program or process improvement constitutes a significant improvement that benefits the work of the agency, and show how the improvement is measurable in terms of both qualitative and quantitative benefits.
- The submission should also specify how the program or process improvement aligns with NIGP’s Values and Guiding Principles of Public Procurement.
- Programs or process improvements must have been implemented within the last two years of the submission deadline.
- Both individuals and teams are encouraged to apply.
- Only one submission per Agency
- Submission period – April 5 – May 21
The NIGP Member Council will evaluate every award application against the following four primary evaluation criteria that adheres to the process of developing and implementing a program or process improvement:
- Outcome and transferability
Applicants can submit up to 500 words for each evaluation criteria and attach relevant documentation.
Agencies are on the front lines solving difficult procurement problems every day, and we want to recognize those successes…I want to encourage agencies to apply for this exciting award to show the incredible value procurement staff bring to their agency.
Amy Flack, NIGP’s Member Council