The Agency Advancement Award is presented to a procurement agency that demonstrates advancement in achieving measurable results and has made a positive impact on its organization through procurement best practices and continuous improvement. This award recognizes an individual or team who has developed a stellar procurement-related program or process improvement that has significantly benefited their agency.
Every application must demonstrate that the program or process improvement meets the following criteria:
- Directly relates to the procurement field
- Delivers measurable qualitative and quantitative benefits
- Can be successfully implemented by other procurement agencies
- Constitutes a significant improvement benefiting the work of the agency
- Aligns with NIGP’s Mission, Vision, Values and Guiding Principles of Public Procurement (Accountability, Ethics, Impartiality, Professionalism, Service and Transparency)
- Was fully implemented within two years prior to the Agency Award submission deadline
The NIGP Member Council will evaluate every award application against the following four primary evaluation criteria that adheres to the process of developing and implementing a program or process improvement:
- Outcome and transferability
Applicants can submit up to 300 words for each evaluation criteria and attach relevant documentation.