- For the Institute, diversity is valuing and respecting individual strengths, viewpoints and contributions. NIGP views diversity as a positive asset for the Institute’s growth and success. NIGP will value and embrace diversity in all aspects of the Institute.
- In principle and in practice, NIGP values and seeks a diverse and inclusive membership and workforce. The Institute pursues and respects individual viewpoints and contributions. No one may be denied full participation in any aspect of NIGP’s activities on the basis of ethnic background, race, color, gender, creed, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
- NIGP does not discriminate in the administration of its educational and professional development programs, membership eligibility policies, and other Institute-sponsored programs. It is also the policy of NIGP not to affiliate with an association that fails to adhere to the provisions of this statement of policy.
- The Institute shall maintain an ongoing effort to identify and eliminate participation barriers as it relates to the Institute’s roles, programs and other activities.
- The Institute shall use gender neutral language in its publications and proceedings.
- The Institute shall incorporate its diversity principles into the educational program of the Annual Forum and Products Exposition to include a diversity of speakers, workshop presenters, and exhibitors.