NIGP is Accepting Applications Through November 18, 2020
NIGP is seeking two leaders who have a passion for professional certification and a strong desire to work as a team to develop the revised CPPO examination administered by the Universal Public Procurement Certification Council (UPPCC). NIGP continues its decades-long tradition of supporting the CPPO and CPPB programs and nominates four leaders to the UPPCC Board of Examiners per the UPPCC Bylaws (two individuals for each certification).
Through this recruitment effort, the NIGP Talent Council will submit two nominees to the NIGP Governing Board for approval and then to the UPPCC Board of Directors for their approval. Once appointed, the terms are immediate. Both terms will run through December 2022.
The UPPCC Board of Examiners are the gatekeepers for the CPPO and CPPB examinations. The members of the BOE collectively provide subject matter expertise in the development of content for the examinations. The members of the BOE are also responsible for providing similar expertise in the evaluation of matters relating to certification, recertification and revocation.
Eligibility to serve on the Board of Examiners:
- Currently UPPCC certified as a Certified Public Procurement Officer (CPPO)
- Currently employed within the public sector in a procurement capacity at the beginning of the term
- High degree of knowledge of public sector procurement practice
- Committed to the success and sole promotion of the UPPCC certification programs
- Available to attend and actively participate at scheduled BOE meetings based on the meeting criteria identified in the UPPCC Bylaws for the Board of Directors
- Able to devote time and effort to BOE responsibilities
- One who will diligently carry out the responsibilities of the BOE
Additionally, individuals are NOT eligible to serve if they:
- Provide instruction or content development of any procurement-related educational courses Specifically related to the CPPO and/or CPPB exam preparation
- Release UPPCC Intellectual Property in any manner including but not limited to the design, development and/or delivery of educational courses, training, etc.
- Serve in any capacity which contributes to the development, administration, training or any other work supporting a comparable certification including the NIGP-CPP certification (without prior approval of the BOE Chair)
- Have been found guilty of an ethics violation.
Persons interested in this opportunity should complete the application and submit it to NIGP by the November 18th deadline. Be advised that individuals selected for the Board of Examiners are required to complete a Non-Disclosure Affidavit as a condition for service.
Please feel free to contact Helen Leonard, Governance Manager, if you have any questions regarding this special opportunity: email@example.com or (800) 367-6447 x240.
Materials may also be mailed to Helen Leonard via mail, fax, or PDF (preferred):
Mail to NIGP, 2411 Dulles Corner Park, Suite 350, Herndon, VA, 20171
Fax to (703) 736-2818
Scan PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org