Spend analysis is a critical tool in the procurement professional’s toolbox, empowering professionals with the ability to detect opportunities for greater efficiency and effectiveness within the larger governmental entity. Through effective spend analysis, the procurement professional can analyze past, current, and future projected spend to develop more informed and more strategic procurement strategies.
In order to successfully earn a digital badge, learners must:
- Define spend analysis and spend management and differentiate between the two.
- Oversee and direct all spend-related activities to promote greater efficiency and effectiveness by engaging in the continuous process of controlling and analyzing entity spend.
Designed to promote applicable experiences for practitioners working in the public sector, NIGP’s Pathways competency courses empower learners with the ready-to-implement actions they need to succeed in public procurement. This introductory course is designed for:
- Public procurement and central warehouse professionals who serve as assistants, coordinators, buyers, or equivalent functions within their respective entities.
- Non-procurement managers and supervisors who are responsible for either the procurement function or staff who provide procurement functions under delegated authority.
- Professionals who are employed by governing entities and special authorities (such as K-12 and higher education, publicly-owned utilities, transportation providers, and other publicly-funded or created organizations) that either serve within or manage the procurement function.
Suppliers or representatives of suppliers seeking to understand the public procurement function from a holistic level, including the policies, standards, and procedures by which public entities must function.