The evaluation of suppliers’ offers through assorted methodologies and prioritized criteria helps procurement professionals fulfill their responsibilities as stewards of the public trust. Evaluation methodologies, however, are more than just scores and ranks but include the processes of receiving, opening, and analyzing associated offers.
In order to successfully earn a digital badge, learners must:
- Evaluate offers, make awards, and/or negotiate an optimal contract solution.
- Identify and describe the different types of evaluation methodologies and their associated application.
- Explain the process of receiving, opening and analyzing offers, methods for award, and award strategies.
- Identify and select the most responsive offer(s) and responsible supplier(s).
Designed to promote applicable experiences for practitioners working in the public sector, NIGP’s Pathways competency courses empower learners with the ready-to-implement actions they need to succeed in public procurement. This introductory course is designed for:
- Public procurement and central warehouse professionals who serve as assistants, coordinators, buyers, or equivalent functions within their respective entities.
- Non-procurement managers and supervisors who are responsible for either the procurement function or staff who provide procurement functions under delegated authority.
- Professionals who are employed by governing entities and special authorities (such as K-12 and higher education, publicly-owned utilities, transportation providers, and other publicly-funded or created organizations) that either serve within or manage the procurement function.
- Suppliers or representatives of suppliers seeking to understand the public procurement function from a holistic level, including the policies, standards, and procedures by which public entities must function.