This course covers financial reports and their meaning. You will learn the fundamentals and important of the income statement, balance sheet, and statement of cash flows, and how they can be used to manage a business. You will also be exposed to financial (ratio) analysis.
Upon successful completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Identify and describe the documents and financial statements included in an organization's financial report
- Itemize and interpret the information in the income statement, balance sheet, statement of changes in shareholders' equity, and statement of cash flows
- Correctly state the impact of specific business activities on cash flow
- Define financial (ratio) analysis and explain its objectives and limitations
- Identify the various types and categories of financial ratios
- Perform calculations using financial ratios
This course is targeted to individuals who meet or exceed the following professional demographics:
Entry-level public procurement and central warehouse professionals who serve as assistants, coordinators, buyers, or equivalent functions within their respective entities.
Non-procurement managers and supervisors who are responsible for either the procurement function or staff who provide procurement functions under delegated authority.
Professionals who are employed by governing entities and special authorities (such as K-12 and higher education, publicly-owned utilities, transportation providers, and other publicly-funded or created organizations) that either serve within or manage the procurement function.
Suppliers or representatives of suppliers seeking to understand the public procurement function from a holistic level, including the policies, standards, and procedures by which public entities must function.