Communicating effectively with team members and groups has become more important as organizations have relied on collaborative work to advance their goals. This course, Communicating Collaboratively, will help you improve your collaborative communication by providing best practices and effective tips and techniques.
Upon successful completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Identify the factors in interpersonal communication
- Modify communication strategies to be successful in small and large groups
- Devise a strategy for working effectively in remote settings, including in telework settings
- Explain the purpose of various types of meetings and explain the outcomes expected
- Attend a meeting and perform the role of an effective communicator in the meeting
- Prepare for, moderate, and follow up after a meeting to ensure effective use of organizational resources
- Document a meeting and distribute minutes or a meeting summary as appropriate
This course is targeted to individuals who meet or exceed the following professional demographics:
Entry-level public procurement and central warehouse professionals who serve as assistants, coordinators, buyers, or equivalent functions within their respective entities.
Non-procurement managers and supervisors who are responsible for either the procurement function or staff who provide procurement functions under delegated authority.
Professionals who are employed by governing entities and special authorities (such as K-12 and higher education, publicly-owned utilities, transportation providers, and other publicly-funded or created organizations) that either serve within or manage the procurement function.
Suppliers or representatives of suppliers seeking to understand the public procurement function from a holistic level, including the policies, standards, and procedures by which public entities must function.