Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- List the steps involved in pre-procurement planning
- When given a list of bids, determine the bid that is the best value.
- List strategic procurement planning steps
- Recognize threats to the planning phase
- Define supplier pricing strategies
- Define evaluation and analysis strategies
This course is targeted to individuals who meet or exceed the following professional demographics:
Entry-level public procurement and central warehouse professionals who serve as assistants, coordinators, buyers, or equivalent functions within their respective entities.
Non-procurement managers and supervisors who are responsible for either the procurement function or staff who provide procurement functions under delegated authority.
Professionals who are employed by governing entities and special authorities (such as K-12 and higher education, publicly-owned utilities, transportation providers, and other publicly-funded or created organizations) that either serve within or manage the procurement function.
Suppliers or representatives of suppliers seeking to understand the public procurement function from a holistic level, including the policies, standards, and procedures by which public entities must function.