Upon successful completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the content of the six domains in the body of knowledge as it relates to the CPPO Examination.
- Describe the testing environment for the certification exams.
- Explain various methods of study that will help prepare for the exam.
This course is targeted to individuals who meet or exceed the following professional demographics:
- Mid-level public procurement and central warehouse professionals who serve as senior buyers, managers, directors, or equivalent functions within their respective entities.
- Non-procurement managers and supervisors who either provide procurement functions that support entity programs under delegated authority, or who already have a good understanding of basic procurement principles but wish to get more in-depth, hands-on training.
- Professionals who are employed by local governing entities and special authorities (such as K-12 and higher education, publicly owned utilities, transportation providers, and other publicly funded or created entities) who either serve within or manage the procurement function.
- Supplier managers and supervisors seeking to understand the public procurement function from a more in-depth holistic level, including the policies, standards, and procedures by which public entities must function.