Objectives and Intended Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- List the steps involved in pre-procurement planning
- When given a list of bids, determine the bid that is the best value.
- List strategic procurement planning steps
- Recognize threats to the planning phase
- Define supplier pricing strategies
- Define evaluation and analysis strategies
Welcome to the NIGP eLearning module: Procurement Cycle – Planning Phase. This on-demand course provides an overview of the pre-procurement planning phase of the procurement cycle. The pre-procurement planning phase initiates the procurement cycle, this is when the budget and plan for the procurement are established. During this phase, all of the factors and risks of the purchase are analyzed. Once the budget is determined and approved, the procurement schedule is created.
This on-demand course is part 1 of 3 in the Procurement Cycle Series.