Objectives and Intended Outcomes
This course is based on higher dollar sealed competitive negotiation procurement. It covers the skills and knowledge needed for this type of procurement. Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify questions that should be asked at the beginning of the RFP process.
- Distinguish between the different components of an RFP..
- Determine what should be in a checklist to assess whether a proposal is responsive.
- Compare different methods of reaching a final decision.
- Analyze how the best value approach is applied to the RFP process.
The RFP process consists of four phases. This self-paced course takes students on a journey through the four phases: Gathering Information, Preparing the RFP, Publishing the RFP, and Awarding the RFP. This version of the course includes a built-in project assignment that allows learners to demonstrate mastery of the topic. At the end of the course, students are required to take a 50-question assessment. In order to pass this course, students must score at least a 70% on this assessment. The assessment provides real-time feedback so learners are aware of how they scored. Learners can take as much or as little time needed to complete this self-paced course.