Jump-Start eLearning Pack includes these modules:
- Mission & Public Benefit - (2 hours)
- Legislation & Legal Environment - (2 hours)
- The Procurement Cycle: Planning Phase - (30min)
- The Procurement Cycle: Contract Administration Phase - (30min)
- The Procurement Cycle: Solicitation Development Phase - (30min)
- Introduction to Contracts in Public Procurement - (30min)
- RFPs: From Start to Finish - (4 hours)
- Effective Contract Management - (4 hours)
- Effective Contract Formation - (4 hours)
- Bonus Module: Technology Fundamentals for Public Procurement - (30min)
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Basic overview of public contracting
- Ethical standards and issues
- Procurement’s value-added role to the entity
- Guidance on the application of legal requirements
- Processes included in the three phases of the procurement cycle
- Overview of the four phases of the RFP process
- Tasks required for effective contract management
This course is targeted to individuals who meet or exceed the following professional demographics:
Entry-level public procurement and central warehouse professionals who serve as assistants, coordinators, buyers, or equivalent functions within their respective entities.
Non-procurement managers and supervisors who are responsible for either the procurement function or staff who provide procurement functions under delegated authority.
Professionals who are employed by governing entities and special authorities (such as K-12 and higher education, publicly-owned utilities, transportation providers, and other publicly-funded or created organizations) that either serve within or manage the procurement function.
Suppliers or representatives of suppliers seeking to understand the public procurement function from a holistic level, including the policies, standards, and procedures by which public entities must function.
During this time when remote learning is proving to be more crucial than usual, a comprehensive procurement course such as this one has given me necessary steps toward success in the procurement field.
Purchasing Analyst, AIC
City of Eugene