DescriptionJob Summary Under the direction of the Deputy Procurement Officer, performs specialized and standard procurement activities. Leads the evaluation of proposals and prepares County competitive solicitations, invitation for bids and other procurements, as well as performs contract negotiations for professional services and strategic sourcing meetings. Participates in special projects/initiatives under the supervision of a senior staff/manager. Conducts market research, best practices investigations, and industry trends analyses for specific procurement and contracting efforts. Solicits/reviews vendor performance information, using department compliance with specific strategic contracts, and spend patterns to make recommendations for the development of future procurement strategy. Develops and reviews specifications and statement of work/scope of services for competitive solicitations. Assists with the development of presentations and workshops regarding procurement solicitations, specifications and contracting topics. Performs reviews and develops and updates solicitation and contract related information in various systems/applications including Oracle EBS. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with an Associate's Degree. (Must provide original college/university transcript at time of interview)*
- Five (5) years of full-time work experience in procurement/purchasing within the past eight (8) years. is required. -OR-
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's Degree. (Must provide original college/university transcript at time of interview)*
- Three (3) years of full-time work experience in procurement/purchasing within the past eight (8) years. is required Preferred Qualifications
- One (1) year of full-time work experience in contract processing, negotiation or strategic sourcing.
- Experience utilizing Oracle Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat.
- Current Certification in Public Procurement, Certified Public Purchasing Officer (CPPO) or Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB).
Applicants must go to the Cook County website - https://www.cookcountyil.gov/service-categories/jobs-and-employment to apply.
Name: Charnette McKnight (Human Resources)
Phone: (312) 603-4454
Closing Date: April 22, 2021