PROCUREMENT AND CONTRACT ADMINISTRATOR I/II Human Services Agency County of San Mateo $5,521 - $8,096 / Month The County of San Mateo's Human Services Agency is seeking highly motivated professionals for the position of Procurement and Contract Administrator. The successful candidate will have experience negotiating and executing agreements and contracts for services and strategic sourcing for goods. The candidate will be a self-motivated, highly analytical, and strategic thinker with the ability to solve business problems and deliver insights that enable timely and effective operational decision-making. The position will work with cross-functional teams of the organization to coordinate the development, execution, and administrative monitoring of programmatic, administrative, facility, technological and other solicitations, procurement, and contracts. The position will analyze programmatic requirements and needs to assist with the planning and improving of existing processes, including the monitoring of contract agreements for compliance, reporting requirements, possible amendments, and site visits with a multi-disciplinary team. The position is responsible for purchasing duties in difficult or complex commodity areas of a wide variety of materials, supplies, and equipment, and performing a broad scope of purchasing transactions with independence of action. The position will provide program support and lead the coordination and facilitation of planning, budgeting, forecasting, and reporting activities for Departmental agreements and purchases as assigned. The ideal candidate will possess:
- Solid experience in the development of contracts, negotiation of terms, and contract execution.
- Knowledge of and experience in governmental policies and practices in relation to procurement.
- Ability to develop and analyze purchasing request and evaluate specifications, proposals, bids and contracts for products and complex commodity areas and purchases.
- Knowledge of sources of supply, marketing practices, pricing methods, differentials, and other factors in public agency purchasing.
- High level of proficient writing and editing skills; experience in doing research to build scopes of work, set target levels, and develop performance measures.
- Excellent analytical, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organization skills.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective work relationships with customers and vendors.
- Knowledge of principles, practices, procedures, and applications of purchasing and governmental purchasing, including but not limited to, informal bidding.
- Knowledge of the laws and regulations governing purchasing policies and procedures in public agencies.
- Knowledge of office administrative practices and procedures, including records management and the operation of standard office equipment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to develop and maintain effective business partner relations at all levels of the organization. Incumbents at this level are typically assigned complex procurements and contracts. There is currently one vacancy within the Financial Services Division of the Human Services Agency.
A typical way to qualify is:
- Contract Administrator I: Two years of professional level administrative or programmatic experience, primarily in the area of contract administration in a community services or related setting.
- Contract Administrator II: Four years of professional level administrative or programmatic experience, primarily in the area of contract administration in a community services or related setting.
Final Filing Date: April 19, 2021 To learn more about the position and to apply online, please visit our website at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/sanmateo/jobs/3025243/procurement-and-contract-administrator-i-ii-human-services-agency-open-promo. Applications are only accepted online. Responses to the supplemental questions must be submitted in addition to our regular employment application form. A resume will not be accepted as a substitute for the required employment application and supplemental questionnaire. EOE