DescriptionPurchase materials, supplies, equipment, and services in a timely fashion and quality and price consistent with Authority needs and per sound purchasing principles and ethical standards. Procurements frequently exceeding Sixty Five Thousand Dollars can be complex and often require lengthy authorization processing. Position activities include, but are not limited to, market research, specification development, locating vendors, solicitation processing, negotiation, price analysis, value analysis, award determination or recommendation, authorization document development, award and purchase order processing.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or a related field and five (5) years of progressively responsible work experience in procurement, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. Experience must include two (2) years of soliciting quotations and the use of formal advertising for major goods and services.
- Experience processing solicitations in an e-procurement system required. Procurement experience in the public sector is required.
- Certified Purchasing Manager (C.P.M.), Certified Public Purchasing Officer (CPPO) or Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB) or an equivalent certification
- Working knowledge of the solicitation and award process for major purchases of commodities, equipment, and services using requests for written quotations
- Current knowledge of purchasing principles; Authority policy, procedures, methods, and accepted operational processes; demonstrate proficiency in their practical application
- Working knowledge of specification, statement of work, purchase description development
- Skilled in vendor base development, product and service research, pre-award surveys, contract negotiations, and post-award contract administration
- Familiarity with State of Florida Contracts and statutes of public procurement
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills and ability to effectively interact with internal and external customers
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office program skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) required, working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics NAV system preferred
- Demonstrated analysis and problem resolution skills
- Demonstrated ability to plan, schedule, organize, prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Basic negotiation skills
Name: Danette Maybin
Closing Date: July 9, 2021