• Assists the CFO in the maintenance, review, and reconciliation of financial records to ensure compliance with accepted accounting principles and standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Monitors the agency budget to ensure expenditures are within budgetary limitations and are in compliance with fiscal guidelines.
• Enters data onto computer spread sheets, ledgers, worksheets and other forms.
• Compares data contained in a variety of financial records in order to detect errors/discrepancies.
• Reconciles accounts/records; and extracts and compiles information from records as required.
• Monitors budgets by reviewing fund balances and reporting overages and shortages to superiors.
• Assists in preparation and submission of Operating budget request and submission of agency Appropriation (Operating Budget) by compiling necessary information manually or by using computer-based records pertaining to budgets, accounts, inventories and other financial operations.
• Preparation and submission of Capital Budget Requests.
• Reconciliation of capital budgets.
• Completes report forms or writes narrative reports; prepares financial information for management.
• Coordinates accounts payable activities with the purchasing function.
• Reviews transactions for documentation of obligation, payment authorization, timely payment, and accurate recording.
• Reconcile expenditures, encumbrances, cash and revenue for the agency on a monthly basis.
• Conducting internal audit of all PSCOC-awarded projects for financial closeout.
• Assist in the preparation of agency financial and construction project reports for management and the public.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
• Knowledge of basic accounting principles, laws, and regulations.
• Knowledge of governmental accounting and operating systems.
• Knowledge of computerized information systems used in financial and/or accounting applications.
• Knowledge of basic operating practices of construction, architectural, and building firms.
• Knowledge of construction contract documents and specifications.
• Ability to make recommendations on revisions or modifications to the accounting system or process.
• Ability to make decisions regarding the accounting treatment of financial transactions.
• Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
• Problem solving skills to recommend solutions to accounting problems occurring in the agency operations.
• Effective communication skills both written and verbal.
• Ability to work collaboratively within a team and promote a positive working environment.
• Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
• Skill in the use of personal computers and applications, advanced skills in the MS Office Suite.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse state.
Working Conditions: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
Physical Effort: Minimal physical activity is required while performing the duties of this job; the employee may sit or stand for extended periods. Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
Other Requirements: State travel is required occasionally. Must possess and maintain a valid New Mexico driver’s license.
Job Type: Full Time Base of Operations: Albuquerque, NM Public School Facilities Authority is a state agency that offers excellent benefits, including membership in the Public Employees Retirement Association of NM.
Disclaimer: This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee assigned to this position. The description is not to be construed as an extensive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the employee. The agency director reserves the rights to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job. This job description does not change the “at-will” employment relationship as indicated in the Policies for Governor Exempt Employees and the Exempt Position Statement. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities at the discretion of the director.
RequirementsMinimum Education and Experience: Requires Associates degree or related experience including two to three years of experience with financial programs, Bachelor's degree in related field preferred. Basic knowledge of state procurement code and construction contracting desirable. Experience or education may be substituted for one another at the discretion of the Director.
Apply online at our website: https://www.nmpsfa.org/orangehrm/symfony/web/index.php/recruitmentApply/jobs
Name: Justin Owens, Human Resource Manager
Closing Date: December 31, 2022