DescriptionJob Summary - Multiple Positions Available Leads, manages, and serves as a subject matter expert in complex procurement of materials, supplies, services and equipment for the County. Leads and participates in special projects/initiatives under the direction of the Department Head or his/her designee, and performs a variety of technical tasks relative to assigned areas of responsibility. This position also oversees complex contract negotiations, prepares complex Request for Proposals (RFPs) and contracts, provides leadership to other staff in the absence of senior staff, and assists in the training of Contract Negotiators, monitors vendor performance, department compliance with strategic contracts, and spend patterns to develop future procurement strategy. Plans, coordinates, and executes major procurement events. Provides presentations at workshops to internal staff and department heads as well as external vendors regarding procurement and contracting topics. Performs review and develops and updates solicitation and contract related information in various systems/applications including Oracle EBS. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Graduations from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree is required AND
• Five (5) years of full-time work experience within the past eight (8 years) procuring and contracting a variety of services, materials, supplies or equipment is required.
• Two (2) years of full-time work experience in contract development and negotiating principles.
• Two (2) years of full-time work experience supervising or training staff.
• Experience in category management, strategic sourcing, or coordination of multi-agency procurements.
• Certification in Public Procurement, Certified Public Purchasing Officer (CPPO) or Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB).
To apply, go to Cook County web site https://www.cookcountyil.gov/service-groups/jobs-and-employment or https://cookcountyil.taleo.net/careersection/100/jobdetail.ftl?job=00128595&lang=en
Name: Danielle Jones
Closing Date: September 28, 2022