- Ensure p-card enrollment forms are filled out correctly, authorize and issue p-cards to users, and maintain files.
- Manage the p-card accounts: account set-up and closing, account dollar limits and all other account maintenance.
- Train cardholders and their management on proper p-card use.
- Monitor and audit monthly purchases on the issued cards. Ensure correct general ledger account number is used, card users are following JWB's p-card policies and procedures.
- Review transaction data on an on-going basis to recognize situations that may pose problems.
- Act as JWB's liaison to the p-card vendor. Coordinate issues that arise from p-card purchases/payments on behalf of the cardholders. Provide management with reports on p-card usage.
- Create and maintain a Procurement Card End User Manual and update when appropriate. Assist in the formulation of Board Policies related to Procurement including recommendations for revisions.
- Analyze and report on program results on a quarterly basis to provide trend analysis. Recommend modifications to the program to achieve better results.
- Handle security issues, such as fraud, compromised accounts and stolen/loss cards by working with the card holder and the p-card vendor; respond to inquiries, instruct and resolve problems.
- Set up reconciliation schedules for the cardholders.
- Initiate and coordinate with other staff to complete monthly FSI reconciliation of purchase card statements to authorizations.
- Review FSI invoice's, prepare for payment and post accounts payable through the accounts payable journal for FSI check requests.
- Analyze, record and post purchasing card transactions through the general journal.
- Ensure appropriate payment documentation has been obtained and is available for audit.
- Track and report purchasing deviations from contracted vendors.
- Verify property ownership for all rent requests via Pinellas County Property Appraisers website.
- Responsible for W-8's, W-9's, Forms 1099 and Forms 1042 for FSI vendors & coordinate with JWB Fiscal Specialist II for Form 1096 transmission to IRS
- Guarantee payment of utility bills.
- Primary contact with FSI vendor service providers regarding fiscal purchasing, returns and adjustments.
- Conducts FSI training on fiscal processes; develop and maintain current documentation of FSI pcard administration and check processing for training purposes.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Public Administration or related field and two (2) years' experience in accounting field, preferably in governmental fund accounting or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
- Knowledge of accounting principles with the ability to analyze transactions identify errors, with keen attention to detail.
- Ability to prepare reports using Excel and Word with proficient technical skills.
- Ability to work effectively and amicably with various departments and administrative personnel.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Successfully pass a Level 2 background screening as required by Ch. 435 Florida Statutes
- Possess a valid driver's license and/or access to reliable transportation
Interested Applicants, please submit resumes by Monday, March 8, 2021 to: Juvenile Welfare Board of Pinellas County, Attn: Human Resources Dept. 14155 58th Street N. Clearwater, FL 33760 email: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax: 727-453-5610 Website: www.jwbpinellas.org
Name: Diana Carro
Closing Date: March 8, 2021