DescriptionThrough the Chain of Command to the City Administrator. Under general direction, performs specialized administrative work in purchasing function which involves purchasing a wide variety of commodities for all departments and divisions of the City. Work involves preparing request for proposal and qualifications, soliciting bids, proposals, and qualifications as well as the purchase of uniforms, supplies, materials, chemicals, services, equipment and vehicles all at the desired specs, grade and quality of prices most favorable to the City. This position is also responsible for record management for all procurement activities and grant management purposes. Duties require frequent contact with vendors and with City employees. This position has wide latitude for independent judgement and is responsible for ensuring compliance with the purchasing requirements of City policies and procedures, State law, grants, and other regulatory restrictions.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Possession of, or ability to obtain within one (1) year of hire, membership in Governmental Procurement Association of Georgia (GPAG) and the National Institute of Governmental Purchasing (NIGP).
- Valid Driver's License Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Public Administration or related field.
- Five (5) years of Municipal or county government purchasing, accounting, auditing or other related experience preferred.
- Certified Public Procumbent Officer (CPPO) & Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB).
- Never been convicted of a felony.
- A citizen of the United States or has obtained legal work status.
- Must pass a detailed background investigation.
- Work evenings, weekends and/or holidays as required.
- Must be able to pass a credit check.
ADDENDUM FOR THE PURCHASING DIRECTOR JOB APPLICATION To be considered for the Purchasing Director open position, you must complete the following below:
- Complete the Online Job Application https://www.cityofwinder.com/Home/Components/JobPosts/Job/343/80
- Upload Resume to your online job application
- Upload Cover Letter to your online job application. (position is open until filled).
Name: Lolita Brown
Closing Date: December 27, 2020