• Bachelor’s Degree in business administration or a related field and two (2) years responsible purchasing experience
• Professional certification as Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB), Certified Professional Public Officer (CPPO) or Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) preferred
• Possess a valid Florida Driver’s License; if a holder of any other valid US state-issued Driver’s License, agree to acquire a Florida Driver’s License within thirty (30) days of employment, except in a case where accommodation is required
• Available after working hours (on call) for emergencies, disaster responses and scheduled shift work as a part of the Emergency Response Team as needed
*Evaluate the work performance of all personnel reporting to this position as required by the district.
*Assist with preparation of the purchasing budget.
*Serve as a liaison to schools and departments to assist in maintaining compliance with all mandated purchasing policies, procedures, rules and statutes.
*Review expenditures by the district for supplies and equipment to identify potential cost savings opportunities.
*Supervise the preparation of department bidding processes, including development of specifications, invitations to bid, evaluations, tabulations and school board approval procedures.
*Oversee the centralized purchase requisitions and ordering system utilized by the district.
*Participate in associations of purchasing professionals to keep informed of market trends and general purchasing guidelines.
*Develop and maintain the department purchasing procedures manual.
*Interviews and selects new employees as required.
*Participate in staff development and training.
*As directed serve as the new construction project manager for all purchases of school furniture and equipment.
*Assist in development and implementation of quality systems for the purchasing department.
*Develop, document and monitor purchasing procedure systems.
*Participate in the activities of the Disaster Preparedness and Response Team as designated.
* Perform other related duties as assigned by the Director, Purchasing and Warehousing Services.
• Ability to organize and prioritize work loads in such a manner that all tasks are accomplished within the acceptable time frame
• Ability to follow directions and successfully complete assignments with minimum supervision
• Ability to communicate effective and professionally with various levels of district staff and the business community
• Ability to interpret data and research technical information necessary for specification preparation and for evaluation purposes
• Ability to supervise employees in a fair and equitable manner
• Demonstrated knowledge of Florida state laws and regulations applying to the school system
• Computer literate, including familiarity with on-line purchasing systems, spreadsheets, word processing and data retrieval systems
• Familiarity with quality systems
Apply through the following site: https://www.vcsedu.org/directory/departments/human-resources/employment
Name: Ni'Tavia Johnson
Closing Date: December 16, 2022