City Colleges of Chicago (CCC), the largest community college system in Illinois, is made up of seven colleges and five satellite sites, providing more than 70,000 students each year access to a quality, affordable education. CCC’s Procurement Services oversee the purchase of a full array of goods and services including, but not limited to books, printing services, computer equipment, furniture, office equipment and supplies, and a variety of construction and professional services. CCC aggressively seeks certified minority and women-owned businesses (M/WBE).
Reporting to the Associate Director of Business and Procurement Services, the Contract Administrator functions as a procurement specialist, performing and assisting in various procurement and contract administration functions including, but not limited to:
• Evaluating new vendor requests and current vendor information documents
• Creating purchasing contracts/purchase orders (POs)
• Monitoring multiple and varied types of contracts for MWBE compliance according to CCC’ Minority and Women-Owned Business Enterprise (MWBE) Contract Participation Plan
• Participating in the management of Bid/RFP solicitations Performs related duties as required.
• Evaluates submitted materials (new vendor request packet), confirms qualifications for new vendor creation, and enters data into vendor database.
• Updates information from existing suppliers to CCC, including address changes, billing changes, and other relevant data.
• Creates purchasing contract/PO for requests meeting certain dollar value thresholds and manages budgetary changes to said contracts/POs.
• Monitors the utilization of MWBE firms that are actively participating on City Colleges of Chicago (CCC) contracts.
• Prepares Bid/RFP documents and participates in administering all aspects of solicitations, including creating vendor bids/proposals, attending pre-bid/pre-submittal conferences, participating in the vendor selection process, and preparing Board reports.
• Remains current with training and assistance to CCC staff regarding all aspects of the PO/contract, vendor management and budgetary management functions, specifically regarding the MWBE program objectives and procedures.
• Investigates complaints and allegations of MWBE non-compliance.
• Conducts dispute resolution for MWBE compliance issues; prepares detailed summaries and reports.
• Adheres to CCC Customer Service Excellence Standards.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• An Associate degree or higher from an accredited college or university
• Three years of related experience (MWBE contract compliance monitoring, a plus)
• A combination of education and experience may be taken into consideration based on the applicant’s credentials
• Ability to conduct contract monitoring, reviews, and evaluations
• Ability to prepare detailed compliance reports
• Ability to interpret contract compliance requirements for potential and current vendors
• Ability to work with vendors and CCC staff to resolve contract compliance deficiencies
• Ability to meet deadlines in a timely manner
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Self-directed and innovative with the ability to assess current operations to improve the future goals of the District
• Knowledge of PeopleSoft 9.2 ERP Solution or other ERP systems preferred
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within 6 months of hire.
Please go to: https://cccconnect.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/contract-administrator-2237 to apply for this position
Name: Nick Gibb
Closing Date: November 30, 2022