- Works with the Category Manager to define a 3-year strategy for complex categories and is fully responsible for its execution.
- Works with clients to develop the sourcing plan: manages the process and provides advice on procurement type, appropriate contract length, bundling opportunities to senior management.
- Implements a tactical approach to sourcing in order to obtain the best value for money / lead negotiations for complex RFPs/RFQs.
- Analyzes final answers from potential vendors and provide recommendation based on cost/cash/quality and strategic fit criteria.
- Coordinates the sourcing process to finalize the vendor contractual agreement.
- Assesses and manages supplier performance for continuous improvement by leading supplier meetings.
- Develops collaboration with the vendor to drive cost saving through operational improvements in the supply chain.
- Takes a leading role in proposing and implementing improvement in CPS procurement processes.
- Develops and facilitates training for staff on CPS systems and procurement processes.
- Serves as a mentor to category buyers to help them develop their professional skills.
- Performs other duties as they might be assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in business or other related field
- 2-4 years of professional experience, preferably in public procurement or a combination of education and procurement related experience for professional services
- Advanced Microsoft Office (proficiency in Excel required)
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Action oriented
- Strong verbal and written communications skills to develop and maintain effective working relationships with multiple departments, managers of the organization and external entities (vendors)
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- Oracle experienced preferred
Please go to cps.edu/careers https://www.cps.edu/careers/central-office-and-operations/ to apply
Name: Patricia Hernandez