Duties may include but are not limited to:
1. Contribute personal efforts and inspire others to contribute to achieve campus-wide strategies and initiatives. Manage the daily operations of the Procurement department within an integrated process and systems environment collaborating with other Procurement and Business Services departments (Procure-to-Pay).
2. Provide oversight of all purchases in compliance with the State and Institute procurement policies and procedures. Ensure that all Federal and State rules and regulations are adhered to while developing agile processes that meet the demands of tight deadlines. Oversee the State and Board of Regents purchasing reports and audits. Contribute personal efforts and inspire others to contribute to achieve campus-wide strategies and initiatives. Create a culture and climate conducive to high-impact teamwork.
3. Develop strategic goals for the Procurement department, maintain a dynamic list of projects that are targeted for completion. Create a culture and climate conducive to high-impact teamwork. Provide feedback on performance to staff and monitor, develop, and maintain metrics to track and measure performance and effectiveness of the operation and staff. Create an inclusive environment that demonstrates this commitment through accountability to inclusive practices throughout the organization. Ensure an atmosphere of continuous improvement and development.
4. Responsible for the management, execution and administration of complex high dollar value equipment purchases including federal funding, Department of Defense and other agency requirements, major computer software and hardware, specialty vehicles and research equipment.
5. Develop a “people-first” customer service approach that is dedicated to continuous improvement through technology, lean process implementation, data analytics, and other industry best practices. Plan, implement and continuously improve best in class purchasing processes, technology, and procedures. Provide for continuous improvement and integration of technology and systems (software) to maintain competitive tools and processes in an eBusiness environment and effective integration with other integrated functions including systems and monitoring technology changes. Ensure purchasing procedures and processes are coordinated with other finance activities.
6. Support and interact with research projects and departments to ensure alignment with Federal rules and regulations and the handling of sub contracts and sub awards. Responsible for the Contractor Purchasing System Review (CPSR) audit by the Office of Naval Research (ONR).
7. Provide effective communication at all levels in the organization for outreach and interaction with campus at all levels on purchasing issues. Set goals for conducting outreach events at campus units to discuss purchasing issues. Effectively coordinate and communicate supporting the Procurement and Business Services processes and technology integrations and integration within Finance.
8. Interact with Federal and State agencies. Serve on state agency councils at DOAS discretion, and responsible for communicating the Institute's position on any DOAS initiative and leading all initiatives with DOAS in areas of contracts and flexibility. Work with OSP and Grants and Contracts on all Federal (FAR and OMB) regulations.
9. Develop, vet and maintain all training materials regarding purchasing processes and systems.
10. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business Administration, or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
Required Experience: 8 to 10 years of job-related experience Other
Required Qualifications: N/A.
Preferred Education: Master of Business Administration (MBA) or Master’s degree.
Preferred Experience: Experience in a higher education environment with a mix of industry experience.
Other Preferred Qualifications: Related professional certification(s) including CPM (Certified purchasing manager), CPSM (Certified professional in supply management), Six Sigma (Green or Black Belt) or CPPO (Certified Public Purchasing Officer)
Please apply by submitting an application on our careers site https://hr.gatech.edu/employment/careers