SUMMARY: Performs intermediate professional work procuring a variety of services, supplies, materials and equipment; does related work as required. Prepares Invitation for Bids, Request for Proposals and Request for Qualifications documents. Assists in budget monitoring. Prepares draft contracts. Work is performed under regular supervision. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Processes purchase requisitions and issues Purchase Orders; verifies available funding via the approved budget, and utilizes procurement process in compliance with State and City purchasing regulations;
- Develops and researches specifications; reviews specifications for clarity, accuracy and necessary related information;
- Develops and processes bids, request for proposals, requests for qualifications, quotations and compliance checklists;
- Solicits, receives, and analyzes competitive bids, request for proposals, request for qualifications and quotations;
- Develops council recommendation letters for award and monitors vendor performance and assists the departments in contract management;
- Develops and drafts various contract documents, in conjunction with departments, management and the legal department, for the acquisition of goods and services and construction projects;
- Conducts bid openings, pre-bids and other meetings in accordance with the Sunshine law;
- Act as chairperson for selection committees and assist Department in contract negotiations;
- Researches a variety of sources, documents, etc. to ensure adequacy of specification in terms of clarity, precision, and related criteria;
- Meets and confers with department representatives regarding the preparation for bid packages, bid analysis, evaluation, and award;
- Monitors and updates City's contracts management portal and uploads and maintains accuracy of documents.
- Monitors and manages City's bidding portal and uploads and manages documents in City's electronic signature portal
- Researches and obtains Florida State contracts and Intergovernmental contracts;
- Review and research of sole source procurement submittals from Departments;
- Advises City departments and Vendor Community on procurement policies and procedures.
- Assists in monitoring of budget.
- Other duties as assigned. RELATED TASKS:
- Assists assigned departments with purchasing activities;
- Seeks new methods and practices to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness;
- Issue purchase orders or contracts as applicable after award approval;
- Keeps abreast of changes in policies, regulations and directives to determine effect on overall operations;
- Provide training and develop solutions to contractual problems;
- Develop plans for accomplishment of assigned functions to meet priorities, deadlines and implementation of goals established by management;
- Maintains assigned annual contracts for various services and commodities utilized by the City Departments;
- Reviews small dollar procurements and develops possible new supply sources and possible new term contract;
- Reviews bidder database and develops possible new supply sources; performs other tasks as deemed necessary.
- Able to exercise discretion and judgment in performing the procurement function;
- Knowledge of business methods, markets, and purchasing practices;
- General knowledge of the laws relating to public purchasing;
- Ability to write clear and concise specifications;
- Knowledge of various grades and qualities of a variety of materials, supplies and equipment used by the City;
- Knowledge of standard office procedures, practices and equipment; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with City officials, vendors, and the general public;
- Ability to express ideas clearly and concisely both orally and in written form;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize workload;
- Thorough knowledge and ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook and ability to learn and effectively utilize the City financial software (SunGard). QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Graduation from an accredited college or university with major course work in business administration, contract management, purchasing or related field and minimum of three (3) years of experience in the procurement of materials, equipment, supplies, contract development and administration preferably in government.
Interested parties should forward a completed application packages to: City of Lake Worth Beach Attn: Human Resources 7 N. Dixie Highway Lake Worth Beach, FL 33460 Or visit our website at: City of Lake Worth Beach, Florida Each application package should include the following:
- Resume of previous work experience and cover letter summarizing relevant experience
- City of Lake Worth Beach Application https://www.lakeworth.org/files/files/hr/Employment%20Application.pdf Applicants for positions with the City of Lake Worth Beach should know and be aware of the following: Please note incomplete applications will not be considered. Applications will be received until the position is filled. Submission of an application does not guarantee the applicant an interview. Applicants for employment who become candidates for available employment positions should note employment is contingent upon satisfactory completion of all reference checks and pre-employment physical satisfaction. Upon request, information on the nature and scope of an inquiry will be provided under FS 119. Furthermore, most of the job classifications within the City of Lake Worth Beach workforce are covered by Collective Bargaining Agreements with the Public Employees Union (PEU), Professional Managers and Supervisors Association (PMSA), and International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW). Consistent with Chapter 447 of the Florida Statutes, a bargaining unit employee has the right to join or not join the union. However, the Union is not obligated to represent a non-member.
Name: Valentina Sustaita
Closing Date: October 8, 2021