Duties include processing purchase orders for equipment, supplies and services; working with City departments to prepare specifications for the bidding process; conducting pre-bid conferences with vendors and City department managers in order to obtain and furnish crucial information, and preparing bid addenda as necessary; preparing bid tabulations and assisting City departments in evaluating vendor responses; generating bid recommendation items for presentation to the City Council; assisting City departments with Cooperative purchases as appropriate; and assisting City departments in understanding purchasing policies and procedures, including technical support for the Ion Wave online bidding platform. Working in a fast-paced, multi-task environment, duties will require meticulous attention to detail, the ability to adhere to strict deadlines, and excellent communication and time-management skills. A Bachelor's degree, or equivalent, in purchasing, public administration, business or a related field; and two years of experience in purchasing or bid preparation / evaluation required. Prior experience with MUNIS Enterprise Resource Planning software and/or a computerized bidding platform beneficial. Prior experience serving Public Works departments is preferred. Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint. A resume must be submitted with application.
- State law, policies and procedures regarding municipal procurement.
- Record Keeping: Principles and practices for collection and recording of information for use in report presentations.
- Applied Math: Concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions.
- Statistical Principles: Principles and processes dealing with the collection, analysis, interpretation, and presentation of quantitative data.
- English Language: The structure and content of the English language, including the meaning of words and grammar.
- Office Systems: Administrative / clerical and financial procedures and systems such as word-processing, records management systems, and other office procedures.
- Office Software: Current word processing, presentation, spreadsheet, and database programs used by the City. SKILLS AND ABILITIES IN
- Accuracy: Attention to detail in dealing with numbers, words, and ideas.
- Basic Math: Adding, subtracting, multiplying, or dividing quickly.
- Functional Supervision: Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work.
- Information Organization: Finding ways to structure or classify multiple pieces of information.
- Active Listening: Listening to what others are saying and asking questions as appropriate.
- Teaching: Conveying new concepts and confirming comprehension by listener.
- Mechanical/Technical: Safely operating diverse equipment, including computers, copiers, fax machines, calculators, cameras, and paper shredders.
- System Ability: Multi-tasking by working with multiple software packages simultaneously.
- Typing: Accurately entering information using computer keyboard.
- Interactive Presentation: Effectively preparing presentations (of information) and delivering them to groups and responding to questions.
- Organizational Strategies: Tracking multiple variables by sorting, grouping, and calendaring.
- Reading Comprehension and Quantitative Understanding: Reading and interpreting documents, including those which have charts and data
- Oral Comprehension: Listening to and understanding information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Oral and Written Expression: Communicating information and ideas in writing, as well as through speech, so that others will understand.
- Synthesis: Evaluating and integrating data into useful information.
- Report Generation & Literacy: Reading and writing reports and other documents regarding assigned operations. This includes creating documents and reports that include data and other forms of information.
- Performance Fluency: Reviewing and communicating performance and results in order to provide effective feedback.
Name: Darlene Humphries