The NASPO ValuePoint Deputy Director of Administrative Services is a newly created position which will primarily be responsible for responding to daily inquiries related to ValuePoint, including providing assistance navigating current Master Agreements, as well as facilitating participation by interested public and other qualified entities. This position will also assist the Director of Administrative Services in supporting the ValuePoint Team as a whole, including scheduling meetings, distributing agendas, updating and maintaining policy documents; as well as assisting with strategic planning, conference management, marketing and outreach, and processing financial transactions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Respond to general inquiries received by NASPO ValuePoint on a daily basis (via e-mail, phone or through the website), either with a comprehensive response or re-direct to the Chief Operations Officer, Director of Administrative Services, Cooperative Contract Coordinator or other appropriate resource. o Log inquiries, prepare reports, and develop template responses in coordination with the Technology Team and other ValuePoint staff. o NOTE: There may be dozens of inquiries on a daily basis, many of which require additional research and multiple communications via e-mail/phone; requiring a comprehensive understanding of, and ability to effectively navigate approximately 400 ValuePoint contracts.
- Provide support to (and at the direction of) the Director of Administrative Services in the following areas: o Day-to-day operations, as well as the long-term strategic goals of NASPO ValuePoint. o Preparation of ValuePoint Management Board and Committee agendas, in coordination with the CEO, COO and ValuePoint Chair. o Updating/maintaining ValuePoint policies, procedures and other records, as directed by the CEO and COO. o Preparing/sending correspondence to state members, Board members, staff, suppliers and strategic partners. o Representing and promoting NASPO and NASPO ValuePoint through internal and external functions, including tradeshows and conferences. o Identifying opportunities for additional/improved service to members, including website feedback and suggested modifications to all modes of communication. o Coordinating registration and shipping for conferences and tradeshows in conjunction with the ValuePoint Marketing Director and other NASPO staff, in addition to virtual booth development. o Working with the NASPO Finance Division on payables, invoicing, fund usage and expense reimbursements related to ValuePoint portfolios, endowment funds and staff/member travel and other expenses. o Coordinating technology and other office-related needs for remote ValuePoint staff. o Scheduling/coordinating meetings and other support for Cooperative Contract Coordinators and other ValuePoint staff (Marketing, Supplier Development, etc.). o Coordinating (on behalf of the ValuePoint division) with other NASPO divisions, including Conference & Events, Technology, ProcurementU and Research & Innovation. o Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Demonstrated familiarity with public procurement and the ability to effectively navigate complex contracts.
- Experience working with or in the public sector.
- Incredibly organized and able to work effectively either independently or in a group setting.
- Excellent interpersonal, public speaking, and written communications skills.
- Proficient computer skills including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong knowledge of/experience in public procurement, including developing and issuing solicitations and managing/administering contracts for a public entity.
- Demonstrated knowledge of ValuePoint, as well as significant experience navigating/utilizing ValuePoint contracts.
Application Process2-4 Weeks
Name: Wanda Pyle
Closing Date: July 27, 2021