DescriptionReporting to the Manager of Legislative Services, the Procurement and Assurance Coordinator is the subject matter expert and key advisor for procurement, insurance, and risk management matters for the Town. This position is required to work collaboratively and interact with third parties such as, but not limited to, claimants, suppliers or vendors, insurance representatives, adjusters/ investigators, and all levels of internal staff within the organization. This position will be required to review and draft council and administrative policies; interpret and apply trade agreements; and process insurance related documentation. This position advises and suggests best practices in negotiating and interpreting contracts within a decentralized procurement model. The position will be instrumental in facilitating Risk Management processes and procedures as the Town works towards the implementation of a Risk Management program. The successful incumbent is expected to anticipate and prioritize work assignments, exercise judgment, and make decisions within the scope of job responsibilities.
To succeed in this role, you’ll need:
• A minimum two-year diploma or professional certification in any or all: Business Administration, Public Administration, Legal, Procurement, or Risk Management
• Two or more years of experience in Public Procurement.
• One year or more experience with Insurance or Risk Management.
• Knowledge of relevant municipal, provincial, and federal legislation, particularly in the areas of procurement, contract law, and municipal liability.
• Strong interpersonal, written, and organizational skills involving all levels of staff and external stakeholders along with robust negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
• Working knowledge of applicable trade legislations and Canadian procurement law.
• Municipal experience with municipal law course or certificate would be considered an asset.
Closing Date: January 31, 2024