The Procurement Specialist is responsible for performing a variety of tasks required for public procurement of goods and services and proper disposal of assets. The tasks will vary in complexity and for various departments, including but not limited to issuing purchase orders, drafting bid specifications, coordinating purchases, compiling and disseminating bid selections, federal reimbursable transaction tracking and reporting, and contract planning. Responsible for reviewing and processing requisitions, ensuring proper documentation is included, issuing purchase orders in compliance with the pricing structure in contracts/agreements and in compliance with local, state and federal statutes.
- Cultivates new sources for supplies and products
- Coordinates with department staff to identify necessary goods and services and assist with purchases
- Assists with researching prices and obtaining quotes on low value items
- Responsible for all federal documentation for purchases; ensuring paperwork is completed accurately, filing paperwork appropriately, maintaining purchasing documents, files and records for the purpose of ensuring the availability of documentation and compliance with established polices and regulatory guidelines.
- Assist with procurements by creating and maintaining timelines, the development of scopes of work/specifications, bid/ proposal review and document bid award recommendations for various departments
- Assist with the routing, copying and circulating of quotes, bids and proposals for evaluation
- Assist with solicitation processes including development of documents (i.e. Request for Bids, Request for Proposals, Request for Qualifications) for various procurement types (i.e. goods and services, construction, architectural and engineering services, etc).; analyzing and documenting vendor responses; preparing and distributing bid tabulations; verification of required bonds, insurance, and other specification requirements, determine the responsibility and responsiveness of vendor responses in accordance with solicitation requirements. Understands, interprets and ensures compliance with local, state and federal law. Responsible for compliance with state and federal regulations and inclusion of the requirements in the solicitation package.
Public procurement regulations and processes
- General understanding of the solicitation process, including Request for Bids (RFB), Request for Proposals (RFP), and Request for Qualifications (RFQ)
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience, and courtesy
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including proper etiquette over the phone and when interfacing with the general public
- Modern office methods, procedures, and use of computer equipment
- Microsoft Office Suite
Submit application via our website at: https://www.dcta.net/about-dcta/careers
Name: Athena Forrester
Closing Date: September 30, 2021