This is an advanced public and professional procurement position which plans and leads the procurement and contracting process for a myriad of complex goods or services within the assigned area of responsibility and in support of the College mission. Prepares the release, receipt, and evaluation of all formal and informal solicitations documents. Work requires thorough knowledge of procurement and contracting management to assure best value goods and services are delivered to College units. This position is responsible for following and adhering to College policy, procedures, and guidelines as well as federal, state, and local regulations while assuring that the highest degree of ethical standards is maintained. Performs related duties as assigned. Minimum Education:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Public Administration, Accounting, Finance, Information Technology, Supply Chain Management, Construction Management, or a closely related field. Minimum Experience/Training:
- Six years in professional public or non-profit procurement with complex solicitation contracting management experience.
- An equivalent combination of experience and education may be considered. Minimum Certification/Licenses:
- Certifications/Licenses: Certified (CPPB or CPPO) is highly preferred. If selected, noncertified applicants are required to be certified as a CPPB (Certified Professional Public Buyer) or CPPO (Certified Public Purchasing Officer) within thirty-six months from the date of hire, which is required to be maintained throughout employment in this classification.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of complex public procurement and contracting management with focus on federal and state policies, laws, regulations, and best practices.
- Requires advanced knowledge of computerized systems and operating environments i.e. Microsoft Office Products and specialized computer systems.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills required to manage relationships within the College and among vendors.
- Possess exemplary skill in English composition/writing skills, proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation. Must be effective communicator, both orally and written.
- Possess strong diagnostic, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform complex administrative analysis with only general supervision.
- Ability to plan and manage own workflow, priorities, and results accomplishment.
- Ability to present and disseminate data to various levels.
- Ability to remain calm, focused and organized from day-to-day, yet flexible enough to endure possible unexpected, high-pressure situations daily while managing several complex tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to interact and effectively communicate with a diverse employee and student population. BROWARD COLLEGE CORE VALUES Academic Excellence and Student Success Achieving student success through high-quality, learning-centered programs and services while continuously evaluating and improving student learning out comes that reflect the highest academic standards. This is accomplished by providing flexible educational opportunities accessible to all students, regardless of time or place. Diversity and Inclusion Creating a community that celebrates diversity and cultural awareness while promoting the inclusion of all its members. Innovation Developing and implementing the most emergent technologies and teaching/learning methods and strategies to create learning environments that are flexible and responsive to local, national, and international needs. Integrity Fostering an environment of respect, dignity, and compassion that affirms and empowers all its members while striving for the highest ethical standards and social responsibility. Sustainability Ensuring effective, efficient use of college resources while implementing fiscally sound practices and environmentally sustainable initiatives that can be modeled in collaboration with our community. Lifelong Learning Promoting the educational growth and development of all individuals through a variety of postsecondary professional technical, and academic programs and services.
How To Apply For Broward College Positions: Apply at https://jobs.broward.edu A complete online employment application form is required with the following requested documents:
- Resume Job Requisition: Req-000035180 Salary Range: $49,600 - $74,400 Closing Date: Open until filled. SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: For positions requiring a degree, the official transcripts are required upon hire. An unofficial copy of the degree/transcript is acceptable during the application process and can be faxed to 954-201-7612. On the fax transmittal, please state clearly the position name(s) and position number(s) the transcript is to be attached to. FOREIGN TRANSCRIPTS: Transcripts issued outside of the United States require an equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached with the application and submitted by the application deadline. All document(s) must be received on or before the closing date of the job announcement. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the required background screening process. All positions are contingent upon budget approval by the Board of Trustees. Call (800) 682-3646 or (954) 201-7338 for more information Broward College is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from underrepresented groups, including minorities, women, and person with disabilities.
Name: Zaida Riollano
Closing Date: January 28, 2022