DescriptionNew York State Homes and Community Renewal (HCR) is the State’s affordable housing agency, with a mission to build, preserve, and protect affordable housing and increase homeownership throughout New York State. Under the leadership of Governor Kathy Hochul and Commissioner RuthAnne Visnauskas, HCR is a vibrant, innovative agency that integrates and leverages New York State’s housing resources. We have offices in New York City, Albany, Buffalo and Syracuse, and employ a diverse workforce of professionals who are hard-working and committed to serving low and moderate income families. Our mission is far reaching, encompassing single and multifamily housing finance, home improvement, rent regulation, housing subsidies, and community development. We partner regularly with a variety of public and private stakeholders. Achieving this mission requires a wide range of skills and backgrounds in public policy, administration, real estate, architecture, finance, law and many other areas of expertise. We seek to provide a workplace environment that is productive, flexible, accountable, ethical and caring. Our employees are empowered to make a difference where they live and work. We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package, including paid leave, health, dental, vision, retirement, and family-friendly policies. The Office of Professional Services (OPS) is responsible for all administrative and support services, including Human Resources, Communications and Public Information, Fair Housing, Policy Development, Competitive Procurement and Contract Management, Fiscal Planning, Accounting and Treasury Services, Facilities and Building Management Services, Internal Audit, Project Management, and Information Technology Services. OPS values professionals that enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and who have the skills required to effectively plan, direct, and coordinate HCR’s wide array of support services.
The Procurement Specialist will be responsible for assisting the Vice President of Contracts and Administration with all matters relating to professional services’ procurements that include, but is not limited to:
- Developing, evaluating or reviewing, Requests for Proposals (RFPs), Requests for Bids (RFBs), Requests for Qualifications (RFQs), Requests for Information (RFIs), Sole/Single Source Procurements, Preferred Source Procurement, Discretionary Spend Procurements, and other related procurements from end-to-end (80% of workload);
- Creating and maintaining accurate procurement records;
- Performing routine administrative processes associated with contracts, monitoring the reviews of contractor performance and compliance; Performing contract monitoring tasks including addressing any necessary contract modifications and contract amendments;
- Effectively manages communication, both orally and in writing, with agency staff and vendors, and other outside parties;
- Assisting with matters relating to minority and women owned business enterprises and service disabled veteran owned businesses;
- Ability to learn, understand and follow the Agency’s procurement policies/procedures;
- Ability to learn, understand and follow State procurement statutes;
- Ability to learn and understand the different procurement vehicles and the associated processes;
- Performing analysis in detecting trends in procurement matters;
- Performing general research;
- Maintaining procurement databases and reviewing/modifying/generating various related reports;
- Assisting in other procurement matters in the Unit, as directed.
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent organizational and demonstrated analytical skills
- Effective communication and documentation skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization up to and including executives
- Excellent leadership skills, taking charge of each assigned project
- Good planning skills
- Ability to utilize available resources to problem solve
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize workload
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with staff and outside parties
- Excellent word processing, Excel spreadsheet and other computer skills such as PowerPoint
- Ability to be discreet, precise and good facility in making distinctions
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Ability to generate worthwhile new ideas or techniques having practical applications
- Must be able to handle confidential information appropriately and to exercise care in safeguarding proprietary information
- Willingness to accept additional responsibility and to acquire additional expertise through training, experience and education
- Good attendance and punctuality
- Excellent people management, time management and stress management skills
- Ability to make suggestions to improve processes
- Intellectual curiosity – consistently trying new methods Business acumen – willing to understand how the Agencies’ business operates and how talent drives it
- Analytics and problem solving – uses logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions
- Comfortable with ambiguity – difference in policies/procedures among agencies. A positive attitude, flexibility and resilience facing multiple demands and shifting priorities.
- Self-motivate, confident, and able to work effectively with little supervision; takes initiative, makes things happen, accepts accountability, and has a “can do” attitude
- A strong value system, excellent judgment, unquestioned integrity
- Ambitious, confident and professional
- High energy
- Ability to accept constructive criticism
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred as well as relevant academic training or transferrable skills.
- Master’s degree a plus.
- Minimum of three years of related experience preferred. Successful candidate must demonstrate ability to pay close attention to detail, have excellent oral and written communication skills together with excellent Word and Excel skills and be able to effectively work independently, and with others. This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and employee will be expected to perform other reasonably related duties as assigned.
What we offer:
- Exciting opportunity to be part of New York’s resurgence to greatness.
- Extensive benefits package including paid leave, excellent health, dental, vision and retirement benefits.
- Promotional opportunity for dedicated professionals.
All internal SONYMA/HFA/AHC employees (only) are directed to apply via email@example.com Please Include your name in the subject line New York State is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) All Applicants must include resume and cover letter New York State is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Name: Anna Livingston
Closing Date: January 5, 2024