We are looking for a Procurement Manager that has good management skills, market researching tactics, negotiation skills and strong communication skills. If this describes you, we want you to join our Purchasing Team! Under the CFO, the Procurement Manager is responsible for policy development, oversight and management of county solicitations, awards, and contracts to ensure timely, comprehensive, compliant, and ethical procurement activity. This position provides leadership and guidance to the daily and strategic procurement activities of all county departments. The Procurement Manager mentors a staff that has a direct impact on all aspects of the solicitation and procure-to-pay process and promotes transparency and cost savings. The Procurement Manager position engages and collaborates with the Board of County Commissioners, senior leadership, and key stakeholders within the county including the County Attorney’s Office, project managers, and departments leadership.
For a full job description, please go to: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/weld
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS Required Education:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or related field from an accredited college or university or commensurate purchasing experience determined to be equivalent.
• Five (5) years of increasingly responsible purchasing experience in a management or senior role with either government or private industry.
• Demonstrated outstanding verbal and written communication skills to all levels of an organization. Establishes a clear standard and expectation for communication, response, and customer service.
• Places a high priority on attention to detail and demands similar performance for assigned staff.
• A high degree of personal and professional integrity is essential and must be consistently demonstrated in all situations.
• Experience with a centralized financial system, including procure-to-pay capability.
• Knowledge and demonstrated use of the suite of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams) and Adobe Acrobat software platforms.
• Certified Procurement Manager (CPM), Certified Public Procurement Analyst (CPPO), or similar certifications.
• Demonstrated use in the development, implementation, and use of data-based systems to drive strategic procurement decisions.
• Procurement experience with a government agency.
• Experience with solicitation and contracting methodologies for construction projects.
• Experience with ERP implementation.
Please apply at: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/weld
Name: Cheryl Pattelli