DescriptionResponsibilities: For over 100 years, The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey has been designing, constructing, and operating the greater New York and New Jersey's regional transportation infrastructure. The Port Authority's Procurement Department has a successful record of excellence in procuring some of the most innovative procurements in the U.S., including the Goethals Bridge Modernization, the LaGuardia Airport Central Terminal Building, and the new Terminal One at Newark Liberty International Airport. The Department is responsible for managing the procurements for Port Authority capital projects delivered using a variety of delivery methods, including design-build, construction manager-at risk, and public-private partnerships, requests for proposals, and bids. The Port Authority's greatest asset, however, is its people. To this end, the Procurement Department is seeking a self-motivated individual to join the Professional Technical and Advisory Services Division. The ideal candidate will be experienced in developing procurement strategy and implementing different source selection techniques, providing insight and guidance to internal clients on how best to achieve their needs, a team player who is flexible, able to multi-task, work with integrity, and demonstrate professional and ethical behavior with fair and transparent decision making. The Strategic Procurement Advisor will be able to lead teams, drive work assignments to effective and efficient conclusion, and handle a diverse portfolio of important and critical projects with some assignments working independently and others being team based. The job generally consists of all phases of procurement related tasks from requisition to contract award, including but not limited to consulting with client departments and formulating procurement strategy, reviewing scopes of work, pricing methodology, contract terms, developing solicitation packages, evaluating offers, and negotiating agreements. The Strategic Procurement Advisor will utilize technology-based recording and reporting systems to analyze information.
Under the direction of the Manager, Professional, Technical and Advisory Services, the selected candidate's responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
• Performs and/or oversees execution of the procurement processes for the retention of professional, technical, and advisory (Consultant) service firms in accordance with Port Authority requirements including but not limited to preparing/reviewing justification and other documentation as required for client award actions.
• Leading high impact procurements, from inception to award, that support the mission of the agency, keep the region moving and ensure best-in-class operations at our facilities;
• Facilitating and leading all aspects of the strategic sourcing, procurement processes and negotiations for high-impact solicitations vital to the region, serving as a procurement lead on Agency environmental procurements, and sustainability initiatives and priorities;
• Procure services for Consulting Agreements to deliver the Professional Services projects outlined in the Authority's capital plan as well as ensure the Agency maintains vigorous project delivery schedules for Redevelopment and modernization initiatives at facilities such as JFK, LGA, EWR and PABT.
• Navigate and effectively use electronic procurement and sourcing tools such as SAP.
• Provides guidance to and consults with other Agency staff, external stakeholders, and consultants on procurement methods, strategies, approaches, schedules, and requirements.
• Prepares and/or oversees preparation of solicitation documents and performs cost/price analyses.
• Negotiates agreements, from simple to complex, as required.
• Prepares/compiles ad-hoc consultant program reports as needed in response to audit, and/or executive requests, including regular weekly workload updates.
• Participates in Authority Minority Business Enterprise/Women Owned Business Enterprises, Local Business Enterprises Outreach Functions, serving as the Authority's Procurement representative, publicly discussing requirements for the performance of professional, technical and advisory services.
Qualifications: Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
• A minimum of 2 years' experience in the procurement of professional services or industry knowledge of such
• Bachelor's or Graduate Degree in Business Administration, Finance or a related field or equivalent experience
Desired: Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
• Strong understanding of project dynamics, project management skills, and a desire to work on a vast variety of professional service procurements typically involving every Department within the Port Authority.
• Demonstrated experience handling multiple assignments and heavy workload while meeting tight deadlines in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, with ability to interact effectively with all levels of internal and external staff.
• Team player with ability to lead groups and influence others to achieve Procurement Department and agency goals.
• Procurement, business, architectural/engineering or project management background is highly desirable.
• Experience utilizing SAP/AVM and Microsoft Office Suite.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/JKDEeYFQqd4zVcZlPSk1YD PI208173023