SALARY RANGE: $5,812.29 - $7,653.68/per month
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled. First review May 1, 2023
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The grant writer establishes, coordinates, and implements the City’s grant activities related to analysis of needs; identification of grant opportunities; determination of eligibility criteria; drafting and submission of proposals; and administration and project management of successful grant awards.
Essential duties include:
1. Perform funding needs analysis: Conduct needs assessments with department and program managers to determine goals and objectives, scope, feasibility, and funding needs. Develop funding alternatives in accordance with annual and long-range plans.
2. Research grant funding opportunities: Search and review grant opportunities for the City of Ridgefield from federal, state, and other sources in areas such as: infrastructure, parks, transportation, municipal planning, and energy/water stormwater.
3. Coordinate City grant applications: Gather information to complete applications by established deadlines, assist in coordinating public outreach events as needed and submit grant applications. If not awarded, obtain feedback on application for improvements.
4. Grant administration: Assist with implementation and administration of grants to ensure that all eligibility requirements are followed.
5. Program evaluation: Evaluate programs and internal processes to ensure best practices and any improvements to grants management.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: Any combination of experience and education which provides the applicant with the level of required knowledge and abilities may be considered.
A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
1. Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university in public administration, economics, business administration, communication, or related field.
2. Experience: Two plus years of progressively responsible related experience, including grant writing and management.
3. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge and understanding of grant preparation, proposal submission, adhering to state and federal regulations.
- Experience and/or familiarity with local government preferred.
- Excellent research and communication skills, written and verbal.
- Demonstrated capability of project management and completion.
All employees are expected to work in a manner consistent with the City of Ridgefield’s Team Philosophy: work diligently to provide quality service and make a better community; with accountability, reliability and integrity; be innovative, efficient, proactive and adaptive; work as a cohesive team with compassion, leadership and professionalism; and know how to have fun. The final candidate will be required to successfully complete a thorough background investigation.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates must submit the following materials:
1. Cover Letter: The letter should be no longer than 2 pages and include the following information: why are you interested in being a Grant Writer for the City of Ridgefield? How does this position relate to your career goals? And what do you think will be your greatest opportunity and greatest challenge for you if you are hired, and how will you address them?
2. A resume that describes skills, other work experience, education and training, and any other information that explains how your background makes you a good fit for this position.
The on-line employment application can be found at: https://ridgefieldwa.bamboohr.com/careers/43 More information about employment with the City of Ridgefield is available on the City’s website at https://ridgefieldwa.us/government/city-departments/human-resources/ or by calling Human Resources 360-887-3557. The City of Ridgefield is an equal opportunity employer committed to attracting and retaining a diverse mix of talented people who want to come, grow, and do their best work here. Together, we strive to create and maintain a working environment that is inclusive, equitable, welcoming and that provides the best possible services for our community. This announcement is meant only as a general descriptive recruitment guide. It does not constitute either an expressed or implied contract and is not a complete description of the job.
Name: Human Resources