DescriptionThe Office of Procurement Services is seeking motivated, team-oriented candidates interested to join our team. The Senior Contract Specialist will lead a full range of division wide contract administration and procurement activities; advise on and facilitate the purchase of goods and services for FCPS in accordance with School Board and federal, state, and county rules and regulations.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Four (4) years of progressively more responsible experience in public sector proposal analysis and procurement.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local jurisdiction contract and procurement regulations (such as the Virginia Public Procurement Act (VPPA), and guidelines, specifically in governmental purchasing.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, and methods of procurement.
- Knowledge of supply, market, and price trends.
- Ability to prepare technical specifications and review, analyze, and evaluate bids and proposals.
- Critical thinker with decision-making skills and high standards of detail accuracy.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with school-based administrators, central office staff, and the vendor community.
- Proficiency in the use of technology, data compilation, analysis, and reporting.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to exercise tact, good judgment, and initiative.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure. Preferred
- Experience in project management professional certification, mediation, or negotiation.
- Certification by a nationally recognized public procurement or contracting certification (e.g. CPPB, CPPO, CPCM).
Name: Delphine Lambert
Closing Date: December 31, 2023