DescriptionThe Office of Central Services (OCS) is currently seeking a qualified applicant to fill a Contractual Services Supervisor position, grade G-27, within the Contract Administration and Procurement Division. This is management-level technical and administrative work involved in the procurement of construction, services, commodities, high-tech equipment, and supplies. The incumbent is responsible for supervisory, buying, and contract administration duties in support of the Procurement Administrator. Work involves considerable knowledge of county procurement laws, regulations, and procedures. Work is performed in accordance with departmental standards, rules, and regulations under the general supervision of a higher-level supervisor. The work of this role is fast-paced and highly complex, and the ideal candidate must be able to manage large workloads, work independently with little or no supervision, be comfortable with working long hours when required, and able to adapt to tight and changing deadlines. The position provides telework opportunity as established by Departmental policies and procedures. The incumbent in this position is considered an "Essential" employee and may be required to report for work during natural/manmade disasters and during special operations as assigned. "Essential" employees are expected to report or remain at work when other county employees are granted administrative leave.
Minimum Qualifications What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's degree Business/Public Administration, Financial Management, or related field; plus,
- Three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in local/municipal procurement and/or contract management. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
EACH APPLICANT MUST INCLUDE INFORMATION WHICH CLEARLY DEMONSTRATES THE ABOVE QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION.
Preferred and Desirable Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience in local/municipal procurement and/or contract administration, which includes at least two (2) years in a supervisory capacity.
- Demonstrated experience in: o supervising, directing, and coordinating procurement activities; o recruiting and supervising contracts and procurement personnel; o conducting technical training and professional development for employees and researching, developing and implementing new strategies for process improvement.
- Effective oral and written communication, customer service, time management, and problem-solving skills.
- Broad knowledge of procurement and/or contract administration.
- Experience working with SAP financial system.
- Experience working with e-Procurement platforms.
- Experience working in a local/municipal government setting.
- Proven experience and desire to work in a team-oriented, fast-paced, and professional environment.
- Ability to adapt to changing environments and tight deadlines.
- Detail-oriented, able to establish/maintain records and prepare accurate reports, correspondence, etc.
- Team player with a strong ability to work independently.
- Ability to independently process information, acquire new applicable knowledge, and propose recommendations based on the result on a regular basis.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, etc.)
- Candidates who are selected for an interview may be required to complete a written assignment.
Interested applicants must complete an online application thru the following link: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/pgc/jobs/3008190/contractual-services-supervisor-21-060-31-dv
Name: Prince George's County Government