Longwood University invites applications for a Director of Materiel Management. The successful candidate should be a dynamic leader with the ability to work with departments and individuals across campus to coach, educate, and partner to improve our procurement procedures and outcomes. This position is a full-time, administrative & professional faculty, exempt position. Commonwealth of Virginia benefits accompany this position. Salary will be commensurate with credentials and experience. A successful fingerprint based criminal background investigation is required. The selected candidate must complete a Statement of Economic Interests. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
- Provide leadership and supervision of Materiel Management staff including buyers, warehouse staff and movers.
- Direct all university procurement activities including management of the bid/RFP process, supervision of the Small Purchasing Card (SPCC) Program, focus on increased opportunities for certified small women and minority-owned (SWaM) business.
- Ensure appropriate administration of all university contracts and that all terms and conditions are met.
- Oversee the university's risk management program as the risk management officer.
- Focus on departmental and campus wide operational efficiencies related to procurement.
- Serve on university and state wide committees related to procurement.
- Develop and administer department budget.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree in Public Administration, Business Administration or related field preferred; Bachelor's degree with significant training and related experience required.
- Certified Public Purchasing Officer (CPPO) or Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) and/or Virginia Contracting Officer (VCO).
- Comprehensive knowledge of specification development, contract negotiation and administration, insurance and bonding requirements, and contractor licensing.
- Demonstrated understanding of an electronic procurement system (eVA preferred).
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong planning, organizational, analytical, and communication (verbal and written).
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled, position posted 11/4/21. To apply for this position, qualified applicants must complete the online information section and questions (https://longwood.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=138968#), and attach (under Resume) a letter of interest, resume, and names and contact details of three references.
Name: Office of Human Resources