DescriptionThe Procurement Specialist is a professional position in a fast-paced Procurement Office. The position is responsible for providing procurement expertise to schools and departments on all matters relating to the procurement of goods, services (non-professional) construction, and insurance needed to maintain schools and offices for Arlington Public Schools (APS). The Procurement Specialist demonstrates a strong understanding of procurement regulations and guidelines, and has strong interpersonal skills. This position works under the general supervision of the Director of Procurement and/or the Assistant Director of Procurement. The Procurement Specialist does not have supervisory responsibilities.
- Responsible for negotiating and awarding contracts, and approving purchase orders, on behalf of the Department of Facilities and Operations. The contracts include, but are not limited to, the procurement of construction services to maintain APS schools and offices.
- Leading role in the competitive sealed bidding, Invitation to Bid (ITB), process for goods, services, construction, and insurance. Approves specification/scope of work. Represents Procurement Office at pre-Bid conferences. Responsible for conducting bid openings. Prepares bid tabulation documentation for advertising bid results. Reviews end user's contract award recommendation and prepares contract documentation.
- Manages the competitive negotiation, Request for Proposal (RFP), process for goods, services, construction and insurance. Prepares RFP documentation. Provides guidance to the RFP committee to ensure the policies outlined in the Virginia Code are followed. Assists end user in developing the scope of work and evaluation criteria. Represents Procurement Office at pre-proposal conferences. Attends evaluation committee meetings and provides guidance on evaluation proposals. Oversees interviews with offerors. Negotiates price and terms and conditions of awarded contract. Prepares contract documentation.
- Prepares Requests for Information (RFI) to assist end users develop a detailed scope of work where it is considered the proposed scope of work is not sufficiently mature to guarantee obtaining effective competition.
- Evaluates options of procurement, such as purchasing off other Federal, State, cooperative and other publicly bid contracts, extending/negotiating existing contracts based on market conditions to determine which option is the most advantageous to APS..Prepares and maintains accurate official records and documentation of all procurement actions.
- Negotiates with contractors to improve services or resolve issues as they arise including delivery, warranty, pricing, etc.
- Responsible for disposing of surplus personal property belonging to APS.
- Reviews requisitions for accuracy, legality, conformity with current policies, procedures and correct prices. Responsible for responding to protests and other vendor complaints orally and in writing.
- Holds regular meetings with schools and departments to develop strategies for implementing the most effective procurement method for goods, services, construction and insurance required to satisfy their business needs.
- Meets with vendors to maintain existing relationships and to evaluate new products.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Apply online at https://www.apsva.us/careers-aps/.
Name: David Webb
Closing Date: November 30, 2021