DescriptionTriMet is seeking a Senior Administrator for Contracts The Senior Administrator, Contracts, leads complex procurements on behalf of agency departments and project managers with little oversight to ensure resulting contracts achieve the best value for TriMet and the public dollars being spent. They leverage their experience to prepare, negotiate and administer contracts of a complex nature including construction services, professional services (architecture/engineering included) and information technology in compliance with federal, state and local regulations. The Senior Administrator, Contracts, provides technical expertise and guidance on contract matters to contract administrators with less experience. This position provides guidance to agency departments and project managers regarding procurement policies and procedures. Ensure a commitment to safety through consistent and professional behaviors in performance of job requirements that demonstrate safety is a fundamental value that guides all aspects of our work. Perform related duties as required. Serve as a good steward of TriMet by regularly utilizing our transit system to maintain a strong and current understanding of customers’ experiences and of TriMet’s product and service offerings.
1. Research, develop and lead complex solicitation and contract processes with little oversight in accordance with department policies, current federal and state laws, TriMet Contract Review Board Rules (TCRB), and Federal Transit Administration (FTA) contracting regulations on behalf of TriMet.
2. Provide assistance to agency project managers in developing statements of work, special contract provisions, schedules, work orders, and other contract requirements. Develop terms and conditions necessary for non-routine procurement actions and work with TriMet’s General Counsel's office where needed.
3. Conduct pre-bid and pre-proposal conferences and assist project managers in answering questions and clarifying requirements for potential bidders and proposers. Assume lead role in evaluating bids and proposals with assistance from TriMet project managers. Make final determinations regarding responsiveness and responsibility of bidders/proposers and document appropriately. Assist in protest resolution in accordance with TriMet's protest procedures.
4. In conjunction with project managers, analyze cost proposals including the elements of cost, i.e. direct labor, overhead, and general and administrative rates; develop pre-negotiation strategy, and conduct negotiations with selected proposer(s). Prepare contract documents and obtain required signatures.
5. Stay abreast of procurement and contracting best practices at the federal, state and local level. Develop and propose innovative approaches to the Contracts Manager and Contracts Team for consideration and continued utilization.
6. Work with agency departments and project managers to forecast needed contracting actions. Assist with maintenance of department database in order to accurately track status of all contracting actions.
7. Provide procurement training, both formal and informal, to agency departments, project managers and department personnel as necessary.
Position Requirements: A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree is required. A Bachelor's Degree in business administration, public administration, finance, law or a related field is preferred. A minimum of four (4) years total credited experience.
* Two (2) years of experience in competitive procurement and/or contract work including professional services and construction are required. Two (2) years of experience in contract formation, contract administration, negotiation, and cost/price analysis are preferred. Status as a Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB), Certified Public Purchasing Officer (CPPO) is preferred. Or any equivalent combination of experience and training.
*The amount of credit a candidate receives for prior years of experience is based on the relevancy of that experience to the required or preferred prerequisites of the job description. Experience is prorated based on hours worked. LRHR assigns and validates the "credited experience".
Selection Criteria: Type of Position / Grade / FLSA Grade 13, Exempt, Non-Union,
Full-Time Salary Range
Selection Process Candidates will be selected based at a minimum on the result of:
1. Application Review (please include: Resume & Cover Letter)
2. Panel Interview
3. References Supplemental Information Make sure you describe in detail how your education, training and work experience fit with this role.
You are encouraged to attach a resume, cover letter, training certificates and/or letters of recommendation with your application. You are permitted five attachments of less than 5MB each.
Internal applicants: Information in your personnel file will not be used in lieu of information requested on your application. Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you are a qualified veteran and would like to apply for veterans' preference points, you will need to reflect your status on the application and attach supporting documentation at the time of application submission.
If you need accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act for any part of the application process, contact our Human Resources staff at 503-962-7505, or the TTY line at 7-1-1. Note that we require a minimum of two workdays' notice prior to the need for accommodation. TriMet is an equal opportunity employer, committed to developing an organization that is reflective of and sensitive to the needs of the diverse community we serve, including veterans, the elderly, and individuals with disabilities. ADA Statement As applied to the workplace, applicants and employees must be qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Essential functions may include required job functions performed infrequently as well as production standards related to the quality and quantity of work. If a person with a disability could meet job qualifications with a reasonable accommodation, TriMet will work with the employee to accommodate the need. If TriMet's accommodation is effective in allowing the employee to perform the essential functions of the job, it need not be the employee's preferred accommodation.
4012 SE 17th Ave., Portland, OR 97202
An Equal Opportunity Employer