The Cooperative Contract Coordinator provides leadership, coaching, guidance, and support to the Lead State Contract Administrators and to the Sourcing Teams as they develop solicitations and administer multi-state cooperative master agreements. The position is also responsible to consult and assist in performing the marketing, education, and outreach activities of promoting the cooperative and the cooperative's contracts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Relationship Building Activities:
- Establishes and enhances relationships with state chief procurement officers and their staffs.
- Provides education and consultation regarding the value proposition of participating in the cooperative and utilizing the cooperative's contracts.
- Establishes relationships with local government, higher education, K-12 schools and other eligible customers and promotes the role and value of central state procurement officers who leverage the purchasing power of state and political subdivisions through statewide and ValuePoint contracts.
- Responds to a wide variety of inquiries related to ValuePoint Master Agreements.
- Develops and supports strategic relationships with potential strategic partners such as category buyers, CIOs, Chief Administrative Officers, Governors' staffs, legislators, and partner associations as appropriate and as directed.
- Supports strategic relationships with ValuePoint contractors assuring effective marketing communication and coordination, as well as an in-depth understanding of effective marketing initiatives.
- Promotes and represents NASPO ValuePoint at conferences, conventions, and other meetings.
- Supports key metrics vital to assessing and messaging performance. Contract Initiation Activities:
- Works with other NASPO Divisions to conduct market research, spend analysis forecasting, and return on investment projections in order to develop cooperative contract portfolio recommendations.
- Develops/Issues RFIs for new portfolios and resolicitations, in coordination with the Lead State.
- Organizes multi-state and multi-disciplinary sourcing teams and facilitates sourcing team activities through the solicitation, evaluation, award process and contract administration.
- Develops and monitors the annual budget for each assigned portfolio.
- Assists, supports, and coaches designated lead state contract administrators in leading the cooperative solicitation process and administering the resulting Master Agreements.
- Schedules and facilitates frequent sourcing team conference calls and occasional face to face meetings for all assigned portfolios.
- Assists in the development of templates and forms related to all aspects of portfolio development and administration.
- Assists in the drafting and development of RFPs for new portfolios and resolicitations; and reviews RFPs prior to release to ensure consistency with NASPO ValuePoint guidelines.
- Coordinates NASPO ValuePoint's legal review of RFPs prior to release.
- Coordinates the draft release to state CPOs and receives/logs the "Intent to Participate" documents.
- Maintains documentation of portfolio development and administration activities, and provides reports and updates as requested. Contract Maintenance and Education/Outreach Activities:
- Identifies opportunities for greater contract usage; and develops/executes plans to promote NASPO ValuePoint portfolios.
- Conducts education, outreach, and customer service activities for ValuePoint, promoting the cooperative and the cooperative's contracts.
- Coordinates with ValuePoint team members and other NASPO Divisions on a variety of different assignments that involve education and outreach, including participating in, planning, developing, and presenting at conferences and other events; contributing to ProcurementU materials; as well as developing/presenting via webinars and other virtual formats.
- Updates and maintains current databases utilized for customer relationship management and other information tracking purposes.
- Frequently travels to facilitate sourcing team meetings, coach the lead state contract administrator, facilitate contract supplier kick-off and review meetings; as well as to represent ValuePoint at conferences and other events.
- Coordinates with the Technology Team to provide regular updates to the NASPO ValuePoint website.
- Other related duties, as assigned.
This position requires the individual to work from a home office and may include travel multiple times per month.
- At least 5 years' experience developing complex RFPs and administering contracts for a wide variety of goods and services, including information technology.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead and coordinate complex procurements with multiple stakeholders.
- Incredibly organized and able to work effectively either independently or in a group setting.
- Excellent interpersonal, public speaking, and written communications skills.
- Excellent public relations skills and abilities.
- Proficient computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other web-based applications.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Supply Chain, or related discipline.
- Experience with IT-related procurements including large/complex systems such as MMIS.
- Relevant current certifications such as CPPB, CPPO, CPM, CPSM, etc.
Application Process2-4 Weeks
Name: Wanda Pyle
Closing Date: July 27, 2021