Summary Statement: Under general supervision of the Director of Finance & Administration, The Purchasing Agent is primarily responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and operation of the District's purchasing activities. Functions as the District representative to both vendor, contractors and acts as a liaison between operations supervisors and manager and such vendor and contractors. This position works under limited supervision and exercises considerable initiative and independent judgement in planning and administering the workload of the District's purchasing activities.
- Reviews all purchasing requisitions, ensuring proper supporting documentation, coding, etc. and coordinates with supervisors and Directors to obtain all required information to ensure compliance with the District's Procurement Policy. Prepares Purchase Orders for the purchase of items.
- Keeps accurate records and maintains a detailed purchase order log; Post bids on electronic bid monitoring and dissemination software (i.e. DemandStar)
- Receives and open bids, conducts, reviews, and analyzes bids and proposals for sonication compliance; review results with department personal; organizes, schedules and facilities evaluation meetings
- Develops, improves and maintains all template contract forms, vendor forms, etc. to ensure compliance with policy, regulation, and the District's standard operating procedures.
- Coordinates legal documents and insurance requirements
- Manages vendor file administration
- Manages a contract log for all contracts to ensure timely re-bidding or renewals as needed
- Monitors purchasing cooperatives, participating as a District representative in local cooperatives as needed
- Analyses current procurement activities and provides recommendations for improvement or ideas on how to improve existing vendor, purchasing, and bidding processes, including changes to the Procurement Policy
- Attends various Procurement trainings to stay up-to-date on various regulations and changes;
- Assists the Director of Finance and Administration with any accounting or administrative needs related to purchasing activities
- Assists/ cross-trains in the warehouse
- Performs other relayed work as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from an accredited college or university with major course work in business administration, contract management or purchasing
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in procurement of materials, equipment, and supplies preferably for a public utility
- Certified Professional Public Buyer certificate preferred.
Name: Human Resources
Closing Date: October 29, 2021