1. Act as the agency's Chief Procurement Officer (CPO) and execute duties and responsibilities pursuant to 13-1-28 through 13-1-199 without the threats of executive override.
2. Responsible for the direction, coordination, and evaluation of all aspects of the Procurement and Contract Administration functions.
3. Develop policy recommendations for School Board approval relative to procurement and property disposal.
4. Review state and federal law, School Board policy and superintendent's or designee's directives to establish compliant regulations and operating procedures to ensure the fair and equitable treatment of all persons involved in the school district's procurement process and to maximize the value of the school district funds.
5. Develop and implement processes, procedures, and controls for the district's procurement function.
1. Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field.
2. Minimum of five (5) years of experience in government procurement.
3. Minimum of three (3) years of supervisory experience.
4. Must have or be able to obtain State of New Mexico Certified Procurement Officer Certification within six (6) months after hire date, dependent on availability of certification classes.
5. Ability to respond to and meet high volume and demand for goods and services required for continued operations of the district.
If you are interested in applying, please cut and paste the link below to review the job descriptions and required application materials to view all available positions. https://www.applitrack.com/lascruces/onlineapp/default.aspx
Name: Miguel Serrano, Ph.D.
Phone: (575) 527-5933
Closing Date: November 14, 2021