The Procurement Coordinator reports directly to the City's Finance Director. The person in this position performs a variety of moderately complex purchasing and contract administration functions including:
- Procure materials, supplies, commodities, equipment and services. Confers with other departments on purchasing needs and bid specification requirements.
- Research vendors and contractors to determine alternative sources, types of materials, supplies and methods and availability, quality, and price of products or services.
- Analyze and evaluate the cost, quality and suitability of supplies, services, materials and equipment following established guidelines.
- Interact with other City employees, vendors and contractors regularly to coordinate services and implement strategic improvements for increased efficiencies.
- Manage the competitive bid process from specification development through award. Monitors and evaluates contract compliance.
- Manage state and federal grant agreements. Procurement Coordinator is a full time, regular, exempt position with a regular work schedule of 40 hours per week.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in a field related to business administration, economics, purchasing, marketing, finance or accounting.
- Two years of responsible experience in purchasing and vendor contracts or related field, with experience in the public sector preferred.
- Knowledge of governmental procurement concepts and practices.
- Knowledge of procurement software systems, such as ProcureNow preferred. Individuals are expected to work in a manner consistent with the City of Ridgefield's Team Philosophy; work and act as a team player in all interactions with other City employees; provide a high level of customer service at all times; project and maintain a positive image with those contacted in the course of work; develop and maintain collaborative and respectful working relationships with team members and others; and consistently provide quality service.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested candidates must submit the following materials:
- A completed Application for Employment.
- A cover letter explaining why the candidate is interested in the job position, strengths and weaknesses in the job, and a short summary of why the candidate is qualified for the position. The Application for Employment can be submitted online at: https://ridgefieldwa.us/government/jobopportunities. The final candidate will be required to successfully complete an interview process and background investigation including a credit check. More information about the Finance Department and job opportunities are available on the City's website at www.ridgefieldwa.us or by calling Human Resources at 360-887-3557.