The General Manager, Purchasing and Contracts Service (PCS) is an unclassified position that works under the Department Head's direction. The position facilitates approximately $1.5 billion in Countywide spending annually and has administrative oversight for a $69 million budget and 168 budgeted positions. The position directs, through subordinate managers, the activities of the Purchasing and Contracts Service, which include, but are not limited to the following:
- Purchasing/Materials Management-As a primary executive for the Director's office, and acting as County Purchasing Agent, oversees the Countywide acquisition of equipment, supplies, and selected services according to State statute and County policy; manages procurement and material management process specific to ISD.
- Contract Services-Facilitates training and County policy implementation to ensure County-wide master agreements for use by departments; manages contract compliance for prevailing wage and equal opportunity policies; manages contract support for business machines and technical equipment. The services provided by ISD are done for, or on behalf of, Los Angeles County departments.
THE QUALIFICATIONS A Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Business Law, Contract Law, Finance, Business Administration, Public Administration or a closely related field and five years' senior management, executive leadership experience overseeing multi-faceted strategic sourcing and procurement services. License: A valid California Class "C" Driver's License or the ability to utilize an alternative method of transportation to carry out job-related essential functions. DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Public Sector experience gained at the Federal, State or local level in the capacity of a Chief Purchasing Officer, Chief Contracts Manager, or its equivalent in a medium to large public sector organization.
- Certification in procurement/purchasing such as CPPM, CPPO, CPM, CPSM, etc.
- Mastery knowledge of government/public contracting code at the Federal, State and local level.
- Experience in the public or private sector managing an organization with spending power of at least $500 million annually.
- Experience developing, preparing and administering budgets across multiple operational units, including cost recovery models for allocation, accounting, and containment.
- Demonstrated experience leveraging technology to modernize and automate the lifecycle of the procurement and contracting process for internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated record of leading cross-functional teams across an organization to initiate, plan and execute complicated, multi-faceted, strategic and technical projects to successful completion through problem-solving and change management.
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of sourcing complex spend categories, that have not been strategically sourced in the past, using structured strategic sourcing methodologies, procurement principles and best practices in the public and/or private sector.
- Experience using data analytics, cost modeling, and Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) analysis in support of sourcing and conducting negotiations on high-value or strategic categories.
- Demonstrated knowledge of supply chain management best practices, inventory management, purchasing systems and fraud prevention practices in procurement.
- A Master's Degree or higher in Business Administration, Law, Finance, Public Administration, Public Health or a closely related field.
- Knowledge of, and demonstrated commitment to, customer satisfaction and responsiveness.
HOW TO APPLY This unclassified position will be open March 22, 2021 until filled. Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by April 2, 2021 for first consideration. Please go to: https://bit.ly/3cKstVW to create an online profile and submit your application, letter of interest, resume, record of accomplishments, degree verification, and three professional references. An online Work Styles Assessment will be required for the most qualified candidates. Only the most qualified candidates, as determined by the assessment process, will be invited to participate in the interview and selection process.
Name: Martha Cervantes