We are currently seeking well-qualified candidates to serve in the role of "Contracting Agent" in our Procurement Division. This position is responsible for the review, analysis, formulation and enforcement of formal written contractual agreements for the County's procurement of construction and professional. This position is responsible for ensuring the County's contractual procedures are properly applied to ensure maximum effective and efficient control of contracts in accordance with current Federal, State and County laws and regulations. Work involves the review, analysis, and development of procurement and contractual requirements for departments/divisions and agencies under the control of the Board of County Commissioners. Work is performed under the Assistant Manager with limited supervision using considerable independent judgment, discretion and initiative and is reviewed for compliance with division objectives and policies for achievement of desired results. Representative Duties/Assignments
- Provides support and guidance to all users in all procurement matters.
- Seeks maximum competition in expenditure of public funds while maintaining a reputation for fairness and integrity.
- Researches and develops specifications, scope of work, contractual terms and conditions, bid forms, drawings and contracts.
- Manages procurement responsibilities involving contractual professional services, commodities and services.
- Develops strategy and negotiates contract price, terms and conditions in the best interest of Orange County.
- Reviews and interprets insurance certificates, bid, payment and performance bonds to ensure contractual compliance.
- Advises, trains and serves as liaison to all Orange County departments on procurement procedures.
- Coordinates with legal and risk management staff to implement, review and administer special contractual conditions for protection of the County.
- Conducts pre- and post-award conferences, coordinates and participates in protest hearings and procurement committees.
- Administers and enforces contract performance to ensure strict compliance to contract terms and conditions.
- Develops and implements tools to assist in gathering and analyzing data for contracting reports.
- Develops and updates internal policies, processes and procedures. Prepares support material necessary for Board of County Commissioners approval of contracts including the preparation of agenda items.
- Prepares and maintains accurate records and documentation on all solicitations, responses, purchases, contracts, correspondence and related follow-up.
- Researches and advises users on market trends, new products and services, developments and alternative sources of procurement.
- Performs market research to ensure justification for sole source procurements and product standardization.
- Audits end user issued delivery orders to ensure compliance and proper use of contract.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Public Administration or a closely related field and three years of experience in contract management and procurement or an equivalent combination of education or experience. Preferences NIGP Certified Procurement Professional (NIGP-CPP), Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB) or equivalent.
Apply online at www.ocfl.net
Name: Carrie Mathes
Closing Date: March 2, 2021