Under limited supervision, ensures compliance with all applicable laws and Board of Education policies while representing the district’s best interests regarding all non-construction contractual functions. The Contracts Administrator supports Board of Education policies and administrative regulations, oversees the contract drafting process including solicitations for non-construction contracts; manages contract administration issues throughout project life cycles; and ensures district-wide audit and financial integrity. The work performed by the incumbent in this job is highly confidential.
Essential Functions: The following duties are representative of this position. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the classification if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment for this classification. Other duties may be required and assigned.
• Provides support for wide-ranging legal contractual issues of the Vendor Services Department (Finance) with regards to contract negotiations, procurement, contract disputes, revisions, extensions & renewals.
• Reviews and interprets contractual agreements for legal sufficiency as prescribed by Board policy for all DCSD schools, departments, and centers.
• Conducts legal research to interpret and analyze state and federal laws, rules, or regulations pertaining to contractual agreements and issues.
• Provides written or oral legal analysis to the Chief Financial Officer or other staff.
• Prepares and/or reviews Board of Education agenda items as directed by the Chief Financial Officer or the Executive Director.
• Maintains template forms for contract documents used by the district.
• Composes and prepares routine correspondence; prepares annual reports.
• Serves as liaison/designee for the Executive Director to ensure the best representation for the district (BOE, Superintendent, other stakeholders).
• Communicates with outside general counsel for BOE-approved general counsel matters.
• Ensures accuracy and timely issuance of information from winning bids/offers.
• Maintains office management system for organization of contract documents from receipt from vendors through to final disposition.
• Research, draft, and prepares documents related to business filings within the school district.
• Conducts training sessions for the staff related to tools and/or services for contractual functions.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Acquisition/Contract Management, Legal Studies, or closely related field from a Georgia Professional Standards Commission approved and accredited college or university required.
• Juris Doctorate plus admission to the State Bar of Georgia strongly preferred.
• Minimum five (5) years of contract experience preferably in a government or education role with an emphasis on contract law and negotiation
Name: Carla Smith