The City of Aspen is Hiring for a Procurement Officer Apply now at www.cityofaspen.com Title: Procurement Officer First Review Deadline: January 29, 2021 Salary Range: $65,894.40 - $92,580.80 - Salary Offer Dependent on Qualifications Why City of Aspen? At the heart of the City of Aspen, our greatest asset is our people. This stunning mountain town is famous for world-class skiing, exciting outdoor adventures, and breathtaking views - but what truly sets us apart is our commitment to our employees. Here you will have profound opportunities to shape your career. We promote and support the City of Aspen's organizational values that include service, partnership, stewardship, and partnership. If you embody the following, apply today!
- Service: We serve with a spirit of excellence, humility, integrity, and respect.
- Partnership: Our impact is greater together.
- Stewardship: Investing in a thriving future for all by balancing social, environmental, and financial responsibilities.
- Innovation: Pursuing creative outcomes, grounded in Aspen's distinctive challenges and opportunities. Position Overview: The Procurement Officer is responsible for the accuracy and integrity of the acquisition of services, goods, and products for the City of Aspen and its component units, working under the Deputy Finance Director and providing support as needed to the Finance Team. Further, this position models the organization's core values and mission in all interactions with the public and co-workers in the performance of complex administrative and compliance work. Job Responsibilities:
- Leads the procurement process for the City of Aspen, developing and directing the development of formal and informal bids and RFP/RFQ processes and coordinates compliance with legal standards.
- Manages procurement related communications, organizes the evaluation and award of bids, and partners with project managers in performing price, cost, and qualifications analysis. This position will also develop and improve procurement policies and procedures, ensuring that the procurement process delivers innovative strategies and in compliance with public contract laws and City policy.
- Responds as an emergency procurement officer in the activation of emergency declaration, including serving on emergency procurement team of the Pitkin County emergency operations center. Serves as a key support staff in supporting the City's disaster recovery plan.
- Provides high level contract support, supporting project managers in negotiating terms and conditions, or may negotiate with vendors on processes in collaboration with client departments.
- Ensures compliance of contractual requirements. Manages and executes various contract documents such as facilities and rental agreements, construction, maintenance, professional services, and contracts with other local, state, and federal agencies.
- Develops and conducts training classes for customer departments in purchasing and contracting policies and procedures. Ensures City of Aspen employees understand procurement activities. Competencies:
- Current knowledge of large-scale procurement and public works contracting methods and procedures, including research methods and techniques of grading and analyzing supplies and materials, price and cost analysis, and value analysis.
- Proven ability to maintain effective working relations with project managers, businesses and vendors and communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Technologically savvy. Strong ability to work with a variety of complex organization wide ERP systems for purchase orders and requisitions. Technology requirements also include online governmental contract bid systems. Proficient in Microsoft Suite.
- Administrative expertise. Ability to maintain policies, standards, procedures and record-keeping requirements for all areas of responsibility.
- Strong negotiation skills. Ability to read people and recognize when to compromise based on that understanding.
- Impeccable time-management. Ability to deliver procurement in a timely manner to ensure flow of business and project continues without interruption.
- Strategic thinking. Ability to analyze processes and situations, keep up to date on market shifts and future demand, and to practice and implement cultural intelligence. Enjoy Industry Leading Benefits:
- Health and wellness benefits, including Medical and Dental Vision Insurance.
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Cafeteria Benefit
- Wellbeing Program and Incentives
- Homeowner's Down Payment Assistance
- Competitive 401(a) Employer Retirement Contributions
- Flexible Schedule
- Discounted Ski Passes
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Extended Sick Leave
- Three years of professional experience in procurement, with preference given to experience in contract negotiations, proposal scoring/evaluation, capital asset auctions, public noticing, and government purchasing.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field. *
- Professional certification from National Institute of Governmental Purchasing (NIGP) as a Certified Public Purchasing Officer (CPPO) or as Certified Purchasing Officer (CPO) is desirable.
- Advanced education in Public Administration or Law is a huge plus. * Please note that any combination of experience and education that would likely provide the required abilities, knowledge, and skills as determined by the City of Aspen may be substituted for the requirements above.
Application Process: To submit your application, visit www.cityofaspen.com Applications will be accepted on a continuous basis until a sufficient number of qualified applications have been received. The deadline for the first review of applications is January 29, 2021 @ 5:00pm. This recruitment may close at any time without notice after the first review date. The application must be filled out completely; stating "see resume" anywhere in the application, is not an acceptable substitute for a completed application. Direct any additional questions or inquiries to our Talent Acquisition Business Partner by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Name: Vanessa Ashley Davila
Closing Date: February 5, 2021